We discuss predictions for the Prime Video series The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2 Episode 5 and include the release date and where to watch online.
As per the title, “Love Game” is all about games. The teens try to take their minds off of their painful grief and the looming sale of the summer house by playing a competitive game at the arcades. During this competition, Belly (Lola Tung) reminisces on past visits.
This uneventful installment tries to restart the old love triangle between Belly and the Fisher brothers, which can seem forced and trivial at times. It’s a sign that the show is fast running out of ideas. Here’s what happened in The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2, Episode 4:
- Conrad tells Steven about his panic attacks. The latest is caused by the news that he has gotten into Stanford. He doesn’t want Jeremiah to find out because it would upset him.
- The next morning, Julia and Skye prepare for the open house. Belly tries to sabotage this event, lying to the realtor. It is implied that Steven breaks the air conditioning so that the event is canceled.
- Julia asks the teens to give her some space while she fixes it. They decide to go to the boardwalk. Belly tries to win over Skye by inviting them to the day trip as well.
- The teens decide to play a competition with one another to kill time.
- The competition involves laser tag, rock climbing, basketball, dancing, and go-kart racing. Belly’s team end up losing the competition.
- During the day, Belly thinks back to old visits. She remembers Conrad breaking her heart and Jeremiah always being there for her. In the present day, she bonds with both brothers separately.
- Laurel meets with Cleveland at her writing gig. They discuss grief. Laurel has been shielding Belly from her own overwhelming grief. Cleveland believes she should open up more to her daughter. They organize a date for that night.
- Because Belly lost, she must ride the Tower of Terror. Jeremiah goes on the ride with her.
- The teens return to the summer house that night, but the place has been completely gutted. Julia has removed all the furniture and items from the house while the teens were out.
The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2 Episode 5 Release Date and Time
Episode 5 will be released on Prime Video on Friday, July 21st, 2023, at 12 a.m. ET. Episode 5 is titled “Love Fool” and will have a run time of 49 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2 Episode 5 with a subscription to Prime Video on the date mentioned above.
- The developing love triangle between Belly and the brothers Jeremiah and Conrad will continue to grow. Belly will spend equal amounts of time with both brothers, remembering why she fell in love with them both in the first place.
- Laurel and Cleveland will go on their date together. Laurel will open up more to Cleveland, but she will be unable to show Belly the same honesty.
- Taylor and Steven will start to hang out more and grow closer together.