We discuss predictions for the Paramount+ series Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 2 Episode 8, including the release date and where to watch online.
In this unique installment, Star Trek: Lower Decks characters Brad Boimler and Beckett Mariner time-traveled to Pike’s Enterprise, where they struggled to find a way back to their own timeline.
It is a hilarious and highly entertaining installment that breathed new life into the Star Trek universe, offering something new and inventive in the process. Here’s what happened in Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 2, Episode 7:
- Brad is excited to explore a historic portal that was once discovered by Captain Pike 120 years ago. Colleague Beckett leads this mission alongside D’Vana and Sam. D’Vana argues that her ancestors, the Orions, discovered the portal.
- Sam takes a photograph, which reactivates the portal. Brad is then sucked into the portal, where he reemerges in Pike’s timeline in live-action form.
- La’an talks Brad through the rules of time travel. He is unable to discuss the future or aid those in the past.
- Brad meets with Pike and the other crew members. They try to send him back to his own timeline before he causes any further chaos.
- The Orions arrive, stealing the portal before Brad can return to his own timeline.
- Brad discusses the future with the Enterprise crew-mates. He hints at Christine and Spock’s relationship and Pike’s death.
- With Brad’s help, they manage to track down the Orions and formulate a trade-off. Brad is ready to step back through the portal when Beckett comes hurtling out of it. The portal then deactivates, trapping them both in Pike’s timeline.
- Brad and Beckett aid the crew in attempting to reactivate the portal. They discuss Uhura and Una’s futures too. Eventually, they find the key to activating the portal once more.
- Brad and Beckett return home. Meanwhile, the Enterprise crew members enjoy Pike’s surprise birthday party and drink Orion alcohol.
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 2 Episode 8 Release Date and Time
Episode 8 will be released on Paramount+ on Thursday, July 27th, 2023, at 6 a.m. PT. Episode 8 is titled “Under the Cloak of War” and will have a run time of 50 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 2 Episode 8 with a subscription to Paramount+ on the date mentioned above.
- From the cryptic title, it seems that the crew either faces off against an alien race in battle or is involved in some form of decoy mission.
- Joseph M’Benga is yet to have a centric episode, so maybe episode eight will be his turn to take the spotlight.
- The show has spent the majority of season two focusing on one-off missions that rarely interconnect with other installments. As we near the finale, the narrative may start to work towards an end goal, creating an overarching storyline that works across multiple episodes.