This article is a preview for Ahsoka Season 1 Episode 3 and contains details about the release date, time, and where to watch online. It may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
Ahsoka is the spiritual follow-up to the beloved animated series Rebels, following characters introduced and developed through the similarly adored series The Clone Wars. It’s essentially a multi-million-dollar fan project, with Dave Filoni, who created the series and directed several of its episodes, being famously a fan above and beyond anything else.
If you’re following along with the series, you might be curious about the next episode, especially with Disney having changed the release day and time at the last minute, so here’s everything we know in that regard.
Firstly, here’s where we’re up to after the first two episodes:
- Ahsoka was looking for a map that will reveal the location of Grand Admiral Thrawn. She finds it in a temple and is able to escape with both it and her life, though the temple is destroyed in the process.
- Ahsoka takes the map to Hera Syndulla and subsequently to her old padawan Sabine Wren, to get an artist’s perspective on how to decipher it.
- Sabine impulsively makes off with the map despite Ahsoka warning her not to. She’s able to figure out how it works, but she’s ambushed by some HK Assassin Droids and Shin Hati, who skewers her in a lightsaber duel.
- With Sabine hospitalized, Ahsoka and Hera investigate a lead at a shipyard and are able to intercept a transport shepherding an HK droid and a masked Inquisitor named Marrok.
- The ship is able to escape, but Hera plants a tracker on it, which reveals the location of Elsbeth’s Eye of Sion — a project that will seemingly allow the evildoers to reach Thrawn.
Ahsoka Season 1 Episode 3 Release Date/Time
The latest episode of Ahsoka is slated to air on Disney+ on Tuesday 29th August at 6 pm PT and 9 pm ET. This means that for those in the UK, the episode will air on Wednesday, 30th August at 2 am GMT.
It’s unclear why Disney have elected to change their usual release day for Ahsoka, though they’re probably expecting it to be a hit and are making the release time more amenable to U.S.-based fans.
Where to watch Ahsoka online
As mentioned above, Ahsoka is a Disney+ original and this is the only platform that the show will be available on.
How many episodes will Ahsoka have?
Ahsoka Season 1 will have eight episodes. Despite the double-bill premiere, the rest of the season will air on a typical weekly cadence. You can find the full release schedule below, though this is subject to change:
- Episode 1, August 22
- Episode 2, August 22
- Episode 3, August 29
- Episode 4, September 5
- Episode 5, September 12
- Episode 6, September 19
- Episode 7, September 26
- Episode 8, October 3