We discuss predictions for the Apple TV+ series Invasion Season 2 Episode 2, including the release date and where to watch online.
The science fiction series Invasion, created by Simon Kinberg and David Weil, is back for a second season. The new season opens with “Something’s Changed,” following the adventures of Mitsuki (Shioli Kutsuna) and the Malik family throughout a war-torn Earth after an alien invasion.
The premiere struggles to build any momentum, though, with some poor dialogue and generic alien design work. That being said, the final scenes do seem more promising, hinting at much more drama to come. Here’s what happened in Invasion Season 2, Episode 1:
- It’s day 121 of the alien invasion. The President of the World Defense Coalition, Benya Mabote, hosts an emergency broadcast. She asks citizens to cooperate with the military and to evacuate all contaminated areas.
- In Osaka, Japan, Mitsuki runs away from the attacking aliens. She manages to kill many of them using Molotov cocktails and explosives. She is then picked up by Dharmax Technology. The government needs Mitsuki’s help. She may be the only person who can communicate with the aliens.
- Mitsuki is taken to the crash site of the alien ship, which is located in the Amazon Rainforest in Brazil. Here she meets Nikhil, who wants her to use her genius to make contact with the aliens once again. Mitsuki was the first to make contact, which helped the government bring down the alien craft in the first place.
- The Malik family steals gas as they head north in British Columbia. They are soon caught by the military, though. Thankfully the Movement came to the rescue. Their leader Clark offers them food and shelter for the night after saving them.
- Mitsuki undergoes tests before entering the alien ship. Inside she comes into contact with an alien entity. She plays it music, and the alien moves in closer to inspect Mitsuki.
- At the Movement’s secret base, Luke hears a strange humming sound, and Aneesha’s alien claw object starts to come alive.
- Caspar is then seen in a coma in a hospital, where he has odd tremors. The doctors observe this strange activity.
Invasion Season 2 Episode 2 Release Date and Time
Episode 2 will be released on Apple TV+ on Wednesday, August 30th, 2023, at 12 am PT. Episode 2 is titled “Chasing Ghosts” and will have a run time of 53 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Invasion Season 2 Episode 2 with a subscription to Apple TV+ on the date mentioned above.
- Mitsuki has already made more progress in her first 15 minutes with the alien than any previous scientist ever did. She has established a connection instantly. This meeting will either end with further communications or Mitsuki being forced out like the others.
- I think Mitsuki will touch the alien and then collapse. She will have no memory of this interaction. Nikhil will send her back in again to repeat the process until they see some results.
- The Malik family is currently safe within the Movement’s secret base. The alien claw will start to act strangely, scaring the others. The Malik family will then be forced to leave the compound.
- The alien’s interaction with Mitsuki will cause Caspar to wake up from his coma. He will have been given a message from the aliens, which he will relay to the government.