We discuss predictions for the Apple TV+ series Foundation Season 2 Episode 8, including the release date and where to watch online.
The second season is gearing up towards an enticing finale now, as the many subplots build some serious momentum in “A Necessary Death.” Brother Day (Lee Pace) questions the clerics and prepares for his wedding, while Queen Sareth (Ella-Rae Smith) tries to counteract Day’s advances with plans to take him down from the inside.
The seventh installment starts slowly but ends with intrigue and much plot development. Here’s what happened in Foundation Season 2, Episode 7:
- Brother Constant and Poly are kept under close observation by an army of guards. Day is updated on the cleric’s plans. Nevertheless, he decides to move forward with his own marriage.
- Queen Sareth is ordered to undergo an examination in preparation for producing an heir. She tells Demerzel that she knows she is a robot and has been having an affair with Day. In response, Demerzel hints that she killed Sareth’s family.
- Salvor grows suspicious of the Mentalics. Gaal is completely under their spell now though. They start to follow the sighted way of life.
- Hober negotiates with the Spacers offering them opalesk, the micro-nutrient they depend upon. He tells them that they can be free from the Empire if they work with the Foundation.
- Head of the Spacers, She-Is-Center, chooses to side with Empire instead though and betrays Hober. He is taken to Bel Riose. Hober uses the shrike Beki to escape.
- Bel and Glawen argue about Brother Day. Glawen wants to kill the Brothers, but Bel is apprehensive.
- Queen Sareth meets with Brother Dawn in secret. She worries about marrying Day and carrying his children. She wants Dawn to be the father instead.
- Brother Constant and Poly meet the Brothers. They try to promote peace, but Day isn’t interested. He informs the clerics that Hober’s plan has failed. Hari then appears as a projection and tells Day that they are ready for war.
- Salvor finds Hari’s corpse on Ignis. Tellem then knocks Salvor out. Salvor begins to drown next to Hari’s body.
Foundation Season 2 Episode 8 Release Date and Time
Episode 8 will be released on Apple TV+ on Friday, September 1st, 2023, at 12 a.m. PT. Episode 8 is titled “The Last Empress” and will have a run time of 61 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Foundation Season 2 Episode 8 with a subscription to Apple TV+ on the date mentioned above.
- I’d be very surprised if Salvor were killed, as well as Hari Seldon. Hopefully, Gaal can rescue Salvor before she drowns. If this plays out, Gaal will have to take on the Mentalics and escape with Salvor before they are captured or killed.
- Brother Day is moving forward with his marriage to Queen Sareth. She is certain that Day and Demerzel killed her family now. Sareth will seek her revenge, starting with Dawn’s betrayal.
- Hober will return to Terminus to deliver the bad news of his failed mission. They will be informed that Brother Constant and Poly have been captured too. I think Hober will organize a rescue mission.
- Bel Riose and Day’s army are headed to Terminus anyway to defeat Hari Seldon once and for all. The many subplots and characters will all collide on Terminus.