This article is a preview for The Woman in the Wall Season 1 Episode 4 and contains details of the release date, time, and where to watch online. It contains spoilers for previous episodes.
The Woman in the Wall is a BBC miniseries exploring the traumatic legacy of Magdalene laundries in Ireland, primarily through the framework of a Gothic murder mystery penned by Joe Murtaugh and starring Ruth Wilson (His Dark Materials) and Daryl McCormack.
The plot revolves around a woman named Lorna (Wilson) discovering a corpse in her home that she may or may not have put there herself. This is related to the murder of a priest who’s associated with the infamous laundries, and brings a detective from Dublin, Colman Akande (McCormack), to the small, fictional town of Kilkinure.
Here’s what happened in The Woman in the Wall Episode 3:
- Following Clemence’s wake, Lorna was approached by Olivia Cassidy, who claimed to be the daughter of Aoife. She recognized the hogweed burns on Lorna’s wrists as being the same as those Aoife had, and the two women head back to the wailing woman’s house, where Lorna finds a blue plastic bag under a floorboard containing multiple envelopes addressed to various women.
- Olivia’s shady behavior suggests she might be lying about her identity, and Lorna flees.
- Akande turned up information about the House of the Sacred Shepherd, an organization, which was an adoption agency devoted to “reintegrating” the children taken from the young mothers in the Magdalene Laundries by housing them with well-to-do Catholic families, that seemed to have officially ceased operation in 1979 but continued in secret.
- The envelope addressed to Lorna revealed a death certificate, signed by Aoife, that seemingly confirmed her child, Agnes, had died of sustained shivering.
- When Akande confronted Lorna about evidence suggesting she burned Father Percy’s car and that she was the last person to see Aoife, she frantically confessed to killing Aoife and hiding her in the wall. However, when she took an axe to the wall, she discovered that Aoife’s body was no longer there — and perhaps never had been.
The Woman in the Wall Season 1 Episode 4 Release Date/Time
The latest episode of The Woman in the Wall will be available on BBC One and BBC iPlayer on Sunday, September 10, at 9 pm (GMT).
If viewers miss the episode live, it will be available to stream on iPlayer.
Where to watch The Woman in the Wall online
As mentioned above, in the UK, The Woman in the Window is exclusive to BBC One and iPlayer.
How many episodes will The Woman in the Wall have?
The Woman in the Wall will have six episodes, which will air weekly. The full schedule can be found below, though is subject to change:
- Episode 1, August 27
- Episode 2, August 28
- Episode 3, September 3
- Episode 4, September 10
- Episode 5, September 17
- Episode 6, September 24