This article is a preview for Ahsoka Season 1 Episode 5 and contains details about the release date, time, and where to watch online. It may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
Ahsoka is the spiritual follow-up to the beloved animated series Rebels, following characters introduced and developed through the similarly adored series The Clone Wars. It’s essentially a multi-million-dollar fan project, with Dave Filoni, who created the series and directed several of its episodes, being famously a fan above and beyond anything else.
If you’re following along with the series, you might be curious about the next episode, especially with Disney having changed the release day and time at the last minute, so here’s everything we know in that regard.
Firstly, here’s where we’re up to after Ahsoka Season 1 Episode 4:
- With Ahsoka, Sabine, and Huyang still stranded on Denab, Baylan sent Shin Hati and Marrok to finish them off.
- After Huyang punched up an HK droid, Ahsoka dueled Marrok and was able to kill the Inquisitor fairly easily. It turns out his real identity isn’t going to be any kind of plot point.
- Sabine dueled Shin Hati once again and was able to get the drop on her by firing at her with her Mandalorian wrist launcher, paying off Ahsoka’s conversation with Huyang about her becoming her own kind of Jedi in the previous episode.
- Hera disobeys direct orders from the New Republic to stand down, and turns up in the Denab system with Carson Teva’s X-Wing squadron.
- Ahsoka duels Baylan Skoll, trying to stop the coordinates from the Star Map from being transmitted to Morgan Elsbeth. Baylan gets the upper hand, and when given the opportunity to destroy the Star Map, Sabine doesn’t.
- Ahsoka is flung off a cliff to her presumed death. Sabine gives the Star Map to Baylan and is taking hostage. Morgan receives the coordinates.
- At the end of the episode, Ahsoka meets Anakin in the World Between Worlds.
Ahsoka Season 1 Episode 5 Release Date/Time
The latest episode of Ahsoka is slated to air on Disney+ on Tuesday 13th September at 6 pm PT and 9 pm ET. This means that for those in the UK, the episode will air on Wednesday, September 6th at 2 am GMT.
It’s unclear why Disney have elected to change their usual release day for Ahsoka, though they’re probably expecting it to be a hit and are making the release time more amenable to U.S.-based fans.
Where to watch Ahsoka online
As mentioned above, Ahsoka is a Disney+ original and this is the only platform that the show will be available on.
How many episodes will Ahsoka have?
Ahsoka Season 1 will have eight episodes. Despite the double-bill premiere, the rest of the season will air on a typical weekly cadence. You can find the full release schedule below, though this is subject to change:
- Episode 1, August 22
- Episode 2, August 22
- Episode 3, August 29
- Episode 4, September 5
- Episode 5, September 12
- Episode 6, September 19
- Episode 7, September 26
- Episode 8, October 3