This article is a preview for the 2023 AMC original The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon Season 1 Episode 3 and contains details about the release date, time, and where to watch online. It also contains spoilers for previous episodes.
The Walking Dead, somewhat ironically, may never die. It has had spin-offs for years; Fear the Walking Dead has run the gamut from serviceable to brilliant to terrible to totally unrecognizable, The World Beyond was a torpid YA endeavor, and Tales of the Walking Dead was a semi-decent anthology that you could ultimately take or leave.
Dead City, the first show to spin off directly from the end of the flagship series, was solid enough but relied on the audience’s familiarity with Maggie and Negan. The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon, however, takes the show’s fan-favorite laconic outdoorsman hero and plonks him right in the middle of a completely new setting and story, one that feels distinctly… well, French.
Here’s what happened in The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon Season 1 Episode 2:
- In flashbacks, we learned some more about Isabelle’s backstory. She was clubbing when the zombie apocalypse began and fled with a man named Quinn. They picked up her sister, Lily, and hit the road.
- It turned out Lily was pregnant. When Quinn proposed abandoning her, Isabelle took Lily and the car and left him behind. They eventually made their way to the abbey.
- In the present day, Daryl and co. encounter a group of kids who have been living in a pre-school since the start of the outbreak — they’re the kids whose parents never came to pick them up. They have been raised by a woman named Madame Dubois, who is now dying, and are presently being led by one of the older children, Lou.
- Daryl visits a nearby castle where he can steal a horse from a local hoarder who turns out to be an idiotic fellow American. He retrieves the horse and almost dies in the process, having to be saved by the kids.
- Lou has to euthanize Madame Dubois, thus coming of age.
- Daryl and the others leave the group with their new horse. In a final flashback, we see that Lily died and turned while giving birth to Laurent, who was thus a miracle child. Isabelle named him after a Christian martyr.
The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon Season 1 Episode 3 Release Date/Time
The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon Episode 3 will air on Sunday, September 24, at 9 pm ET/6 pm PT on AMC. Subscribers to AMC+ will, as usual, be able to access the episode a few days early.
Where to watch The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon online
As mentioned above, Daryl Dixon is an AMC show. AMC is available with most cable providers and is also offered as part of the channel lineups for live TV streaming services like Hulu with Live TV, Sling TV, and YouTube TV.
The show is also available on AMC+, which requires a subscription.
Is there a trailer?
There is. You can watch it right here:
How many episodes will The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon have?
Daryl Dixon will have six episodes which will air on a weekly cadence. Here’s the full schedule:
- Episode 1, September 10
- Episode 2, September 17
- Episode 3, September 24
- Episode 4, October 1
- Episode 5, October 8
- Episode 6, October 15