This article is a preview for The Woman in the Wall Season 1 Episode 6 and contains details of the release date, time, and where to watch online. It contains spoilers for previous episodes.
The Woman in the Wall is a BBC miniseries exploring the traumatic legacy of Magdalene laundries in Ireland, primarily through the framework of a Gothic murder mystery penned by Joe Murtaugh and starring Ruth Wilson (His Dark Materials) and Daryl McCormack.
The plot revolves around a woman named Lorna (Wilson) discovering a corpse in her home that she may or may not have put there herself. This is related to the murder of a priest who’s associated with the infamous laundries, and brings a detective from Dublin, Colman Akande (McCormack), to the small, fictional town of Kilkinure.
Here’s what happened in The Woman in the Wall Episode 5:
- Now working together, Colman and Lorna discover that the House of the Sacred Shepherd was trafficking the children stolen from the women in the laundries. They operated off the books for at least a decade after their official closure, taking charitable “donations” in exchange for children.
- Colman was one of those children, and it seems Agnes was too.
- Colman’s adoptive mother, when confronted, gives him the card of a man Father Percy introduced her to at the time. He worked for the agency and his name was Ignatius J. McCullen.
- After some more investigation, Colman discovers that Ignatius McCullen is James Coyle.
- Speaking of Coyle, thanks to his lobbying, Niamh and the other laundry survivors are on the cusp of getting the convent officially classified as a Magdalene Laundry, which will mean reparations for the survivors but also, crucially, the complete inability to take subsequent legal action against the agency. Coyle is covering his tracks.
- At the end of the episode, Lorna discovers that Aoife has a medical condition that can make her appear dead, though she “resurrects” after a while, which would explain how she got out from behind the wall.
The Woman in the Wall Season 1 Episode 6 Release Date/Time
The latest episode of The Woman in the Wall will be available on BBC One and BBC iPlayer on Sunday, September 24, at 9 pm (GMT).
If viewers miss the episode live, it will be available to stream on iPlayer.
Where to watch The Woman in the Wall online
As mentioned above, in the UK, The Woman in the Window is exclusive to BBC One and iPlayer.
How many episodes will The Woman in the Wall have?
The Woman in the Wall will have six episodes, which will air weekly. The full schedule can be found below, though is subject to change:
- Episode 1, August 27
- Episode 2, August 28
- Episode 3, September 3
- Episode 4, September 10
- Episode 5, September 17
- Episode 6, September 24