We discuss predictions for the Hulu series Only Murders in the Building Season 3 Episode 9, including the release date and where to watch online.
Season three of Only Murders in the Building has once again provided viewers with ample suspects along the way. In “Sitzprobe,” Ben’s brother and manager Dickie (Jeremy Shamos) takes the spotlight during rehearsals. Loretta (Meryl Streep) is revealed to be his mother, and she desperately tries to defend her son.
The latest installment uses more addictive humor and includes plenty of surprising plot twists, yet the build-up to that dramatic finale seems a little rushed overall. Here’s what happened in Only Murders in the Building Season 3, Episode 8:
- Loretta reveals that she gave up her son for adoption to focus on her career. The son ended up being Dickie and her career never went anywhere anyway. She decides to confess to Dickie in the present and writes him a letter.
- Oliver prepares for the first rehearsal of his musical with live music. He asks for no distractions, but finds Mabel and then the police arriving to stir up trouble. Mabel thinks Dickie could be the killer.
- Gregg is released and the police turn their attention to the cast and crew. They interrogate all these individuals inside the theater while rehearsals carry on. Charles and Oliver manage to work together to plant a recording device in the interrogation room.
- Loretta confronts Oliver about her stolen book. He says that he trusts her and knows she’s not the killer. He lets slip that Mabel thinks Dickie is the killer.
- Loretta tries to get information from Mabel, but fails. She talks with Dickie later. He acts suspiciously, confirming her doubts.
- Mabel finds rat poison in the stage manager’s office. Howard believes there is shredded evidence there too. He tries to piece it all together.
- Oliver tells Loretta that he loves her. Charles and Mabel look through Loretta’s bag while she sings her solo. They find the newspaper clippings book and the letter to Dickie.
- The police go to arrest Dickie. Loretta announces that she is the killer and is arrested instead. This causes Oliver to have another heart attack.
Only Murders in the Building Season 3 Episode 9 Release Date and Time
Episode 9 will be released on Hulu on Tuesday, September 26th, 2023, at 12 a.m. ET. Episode 9’s title and run time are yet to be announced.
Where to watch online
Viewers can catch Only Murders in the Building Season 3 Episode 9 with a subscription to Hulu on the date mentioned above.
- Ben was technically killed twice on opening night. He was declared dead the first time around possibly due to a poisoning and then he was killed again, by being pushed down an elevator shaft. We have all assumed that the same murderer did both of the killings, but maybe it was two different killers?
- Dickie hinted that he may be the second killer. He was relieved when Ben was declared dead the first time and he bought the handkerchief off of Uma, which is suspicious behavior indeed. He has strong motives and the potential to be the second killer. Was Loretta the first killer then?
- Loretta will be questioned down at the station. Will she tell them the truth or has she just lied to save Dickie? The trio will continue their investigation regardless.
- Only Murders in the Building Season 3 Episode 9 Recap
- Tales from the Loop episode 1 recap