When My Love Blooms episode 2 slowly unpicks the layers with good drama and performances, revealing more about the lead character’s lives.
This recap of K-drama series When My Love Blooms episode 2 contains significant spoilers.
How does When My Love Blooms episode 2 begin?
It’s back to the snow scene with Yoon Ji Soo and Han Jae Hyun. When Yoon Ji Soo says she ended it, Han Hae Hyun explains that he understood and resented why she had to hide. She claims not to remember much about their past and thanks him. They later walk in the snow together, with flashbacks to when they were younger, doing the same thing.
The next day, they have breakfast together. The pair discuss and Han Jae Hyun tries to pry into her personal life but she says she’s not comfortable with the conversation, stating it’s time to go their separate ways.
It’s all very vague so far, but it will probably flesh out in later episodes.
So was Yoon Ji Soo really not happy to see Han Hae Hyun again?
She didn’t show it in that scene, but When My Love Blooms Episode 2 shows her visiting her father after in hospital. He has dementia. She tells him she imagined a reunion with him a thousand times but she wonders why it had to happen while she was low and miserable. She admits to being happy to see him.
What happened in the Summer of 2004?
A lawyer tells Yoon Ji Soo that if she does not agree to a settlement and intent is verified, she could receive a prison sentence. Yoon Ji Soon explains that she acted with clear intentions and let the whole world know “what he did” in reference to her husband.
Again, vague, but I can only assume there’s a plot point arriving later.
What happened in May 1993?
With Yoo Ji Soo lurking around, a boy asks her to join a non-major specific club so she can see Han Jae Hyun every day. She continues to look for him — being at the library at the right time, etc. One day a shelf broke in the library and Han Jae Hyun saved her from all the books piling on her.
This was very dramatic.
In the present day, she keeps drinking at a bar and reminiscing. She heads to the grocery store because Yeong Min will be home the next day so she needs food. Han Jae Hyun watches her from the car. When she drops her groceries on the floor, Han Jae Hyun sends an assistant to help.
He’s stalking her at this point — it’s like roles have reversed from their younger to older days.
What’s happening with Yeong Min?
When My Love Blooms Episode 2 sees Han Jae Hyun’s wife Seo Gyeong will not let go that Jun Seo was assaulted by another child and wants a settlement — she tells the headmaster to open a hearing against Yeong Min.
Seo Gyeong clearly has no respect for the working class, constantly mocking them in Episode 2.
Yoon Ji Soo is called and told about the hearing that’s going to take place for her son. Han Jae Hyun also learns about the hearing when his son rings. Their worlds colliding once again.
A distraught Yoon Ji Soo tries to meet Seo Gyeong and Han Jae Hyun at Hyung Sung Group HQ but she’s mistaken as a protestor and kicked out (to be fair, she is a protestor against this company). Han Jae Hyun gets angry at his wife for starting a hearing against a 14-year-old boy, stating that they do not have much money.
How does When My Love Blooms episode 2 end?
Yoon Ji Soo goes to the school and meets the headmaster and Seo Gyeong.
Seo Gyeong looks her up and down with disgust, blatantly judging her clothes and appearance, stating that children will never learn if they get away with violence.
Yoo Ji Soo says the crime belongs to the mother and she should take it out on her. Seo Gyeong accepts and Yoon Ji Soo kneels down and asks her to show mercy for once in her life.
Hae Jae Gyun walks in and is shocked to see Yoon Ji Soo knelt on the floor and asks her to get up. When she refuses, he lifts her up — Seo Gyeong senses there’s more to this. All three stand in a triangle.
When My Love Blooms episode 2 slowly unpicks the layers with good drama and performances, revealing more about the lead characters’ lives.
- When younger Hae Jae Hyun used to play the guitar.
- Yoon Ji Soon is removed from the Parent’s Representative group after the school incident.
- Han Jae Hyun’s wife Seo Gyeong is angry that he let the child who hurt their son off the hook.
- Yoon Ji Soon checks up on her son at school. Apparently he’s fine.
- Jun Seo continues to bully Yeon Mon at school.
- Han Jae Hyun tells the business not to do anything about the protesters and to deal with it legally.
- In a flashback, Yoon Ji Soo tries to give Han Jae Hyun back his cloth to cover his face. She asks if she studies diligently will he date her. He says no and then she gives him music advice based on a tape he made. He tells her to act like she doesn’t know him.
- Yoon Ji Soo’s ex-husband rings about their son Yeon Min. She goes to meet him and tells him that nothing’s wrong. He asks why his son’s phone is switched off. She fears that he will sue her.
- At work Han Jae Hyun finds out that Yoon Ji Soo is divorced raises her child on her own and has part-time jobs.
- Han Jae Hyun is alerted that Yoon Ji Soo is outside with the protestors against the company.
- Yoon Ji Soo reads an old article about Han Jae Hyun, “Vice President of Hyung Sung Group” and the meeting between the owner’s only child and a clerk, a drama-like love story. She seems affected by it.
We are fast becoming the number one independent website for streaming coverage. Please support Ready Steady Cut today. Secure its future — we need you!
Daniel Hart is the Co-Founder of Ready Steady Cut and has operated as Editor-in-Chief since 2017.