January 1, 2023 (Last updated: 4 weeks ago)
Daniel Hart 52
Netflix, News, Previews, Streaming Service
Loading JustWatch data...

We discuss predictions for the Netflix K-Drama series Alchemy of Souls Season 2 Episodes 9 and 10 and include the release date and where to watch online.

With a number of plot points coming to a natural end, things are well heated up for the finale. Episodes 9 and 10 could truly define whether or not this Korean Drama ends up in the Hall of Fame or the Hall of Shame. Judging by the comments we receive on this site, some are happy with Alchemy of Souls season 2, while others have not liked the changes. Regardless, the series has notched up so many viewers and ratings that it has remained a strong talking point throughout December.

In regard to the Netflix Top 10, Alchemy of Souls season 2 has dominated in the non-English section, but interestingly, it has been season 1 that has reappeared in the top 10s. Between December 19 – December 25, season 2 held a respectable 5th place, but to be fair, it was competing with the likes of Alice in Borderland season 2 that shot to the number 1 top spot.

In terms of Korean Nielsen ratings, season 2 has never managed to beat its all-time high of 9.295% on August 27th, 2022, but on December 18th, for episode 4, it managed to hold a strong 8.458% rating in 1st position. For the finale, season 2 could possibly beat season 1’s highest rating.

As we head to a highly anticipated, fascinating finale, we want your views. What do you think will happen in the final two episodes? Do you think it will be good? What are your predictions? Comment below. We are interested in collecting as many thoughts as possible.

Alchemy of Souls Season 2 Episodes 9 and 10 Release Date and Time

Episode 9 of Alchemy of Souls season 2 is scheduled to release on Netflix on Saturday, January 7th, 2022.  The usual release time is approximately 2:00 pm (GMT), but sometimes this varies. We do not anticipate any changes to the schedule yet (sometimes this happens in the K-Drama world.). Alchemy of Souls Season 2 Episode 10 – the finale, will air at the same time the next day, January 8th, 2023. Each episode has an approximate runtime of around 75-90 minutes.

Where to watch online

Viewers worldwide can watch Alchemy of Souls Season 2 Episodes 9 and 10 with a subscription to Netflix at the date and time mentioned above. Apart from its release on Netflix, viewers in South Korea can watch the episode by tuning in to tvN every Saturday and Sunday at 21:00 (KST).

Predictions

We fully expect this K-Drama to give a worthwhile conclusion. However, if there are any loose ends, whispers will emerge of a possible Season 3. So it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. We usually provide predictions in this section, but we want to do it differently this week. Comment below with your best (or worst predictions). The best predictions will be compiled into a Finale Special Article prior to Episodes 9 and 10.

More Stories on Alchemy of Souls

52 thoughts on “Alchemy of Souls Season 2 Episodes 9 and 10 Release Date, Time and Where to Watch

• January 1, 2023 at 4:56 pm

I hate to say it.. but Naksu will die in the final thats for sure. But, it will be a peaceful death, her death will be worth it. It was the whole point of the show if you look at it, ‘Alchemy of Souls’.. everytime we saw Naksu she was under the alchemy of souls. But in the end, she’ll have a death not related to that I believe. (We’ll see how it pans out) You see the whole ‘end of Daeho’ disaster that has been
    foreshadowed all of Part 2 will happen after her death. Which will give Jang Uk full courage to fight without a reason to protect i believe. The whole discussion between the Crown Prince and Ji* Mu was talking about how and what Uk would fight for in North Fortress or whatever. But I believe whatever they discussed for, will be wrong. Uk will fight for something bigger, this time fully.. no fear, no regret, nothing holding him back. No bad feelings. Just full out whatever he is hoping to accomplish. I think we will see this more in episode 10, after Naksu’s death. Yet somehow they won’t fail to give us a bittersweet ending, im guessing Uk dies aswell. But peaceful with his love. We’ll see all of Naksu and Uk before their deaths in episode 9. Kind of like an epic “Till Death Do Us Part” story line. It’ll show the true power of their endless love, that’s guaranteed! I am just so excited for next weekends episodes. I’ll be sure to enjoy them and take in the absolute beauty of this show one last time, if it has to be.

• January 1, 2023 at 10:45 pm

Firstly, this is the best fantastic show ever.
    Secondly, it’s a little bit boring in the alchemy of souls part 2. This is because of the absence the former female character mud ouk, who performed handsomely well in season 1 of alchemy of souls. But all good the recent mud ouk in season 2 of alchemy of souls is making it interesting and fun to watch.
    Finally, I have no doubt that the upcoming episodes 9 and 10 will be the final of “ALCHEMY OF SOULS”. So we are looking forward to SEASON 3 of alchemy of souls. Don’t let us down, thank you.

• January 1, 2023 at 11:46 pm

We need season 3 also

• January 2, 2023 at 12:06 am

I’m hoping that he realizes who she really is and that they both survive and take down all of Zhe bad guys . I LOVE these two characters together. They are so awesome and cute together. Great story line.

• January 2, 2023 at 1:42 am

I really move the chemistry of Lee Jae wook and Go Yoon Jung. There are lots of sweet moments between the 2 on the Season 2. Too bad there’s only 10 episodes. Hoping to have season 3 of them together again

• January 2, 2023 at 1:42 am

I really Love the chemistry of Lee Jae wook and Go Yoon Jung. There are lots of sweet moments between the 2 on the Season 2. Too bad there’s only 10 episodes. Hoping to have season 3 of them together again

• January 2, 2023 at 3:13 am

I was worried season 2 would not be as good as season 1. I was relieved to discover it is just as God. The changebin actress threw me but I love her as much as her season 1 counterpart. Best show on Netflix. Thumbs up to the entire cast.

• January 2, 2023 at 3:19 am

Jin Mu has to die, along with all Jin Mus followers. Bu-Yeon retains Naksus memories and Uk and Bu-yeon have a beautiful wedding. Otherwise the carefully crafted story from the beginning thru episode 8 of Part 2 is negated, and the writers are useless,.and noone connected to this series has any understanding of the human heart.

• January 2, 2023 at 6:08 am

I really loved this season 2 , I don’t want to end it early?but the point is, why it is only 10episodes?? it’s really too short unlike those season 1. but even its too short ,I am Hoping for good ending , that bo Yeon will sacrifice to give her body to Naksu,I don’t want to see Jang Uk in pain. And both of the two lovers. It should end with good and happy both Naksu and UK together

• January 2, 2023 at 6:09 am

• January 2, 2023 at 6:57 am

Jang Uk will know BuYeon and Naksu are in the same body. Naksu tells him the truth that she has recently found out, including BuYeon saying that she has regained almost her power and soon Naksu will have to leave her body. They have some tender moments – which they expect are their last – before the look for the Plaque while deciding what to do. Meanwhile, Jin Mu gathers the secret force and prepares to solidify the power of the Crown Prince with him the real power behind. They do not wait for BuYeon to return and begin their planned moves. Without the protection of the plaque, Jim Mu’s forces move to take over Jinyowon. Songrim comes to the aid of the Jinyowon.
    Jang Uk, Naksu/BuYeon return. Jang Uk joins the battle. Sometime during all these – it is clear when, Naksu departs BuYeon’s body and the latter reclaims it. When this happens, BuYeon’s appearance is restored as MuDeok. In the final confrontation, both Jang Uk and BuYeon help Jinyowon and Songrim against Jim Mu’s secret army and is victorious and order is restored with Jim Mu gone. The Crown Prince finds a way to maintain his position.
    With Naksu really gone, Jang Uk asks BuYeon to remove the Ice Stone and he dies.
    Alternate ending: BuYeon finds a way to remove the Ice Stone without Jang Uk dying. The Crown Prince is implicated in Jim Mu’s plot and is deposed. Jang Uk’s royal lineage is revealed and becomes in line for the thrown. Jang Uk marries MuDeok/BuYeon, an long-arranged marriage between him and the heir of Jinyowon finally fulfilled.

• January 2, 2023 at 9:18 am

Naksu dying in the end and maybe Jang Uk too seems like a feasible ending. It is true that Naksu had a bitter and painful past; however, the moment she chose to let her anger and rage took over her senses and in a way lead harm to some innocent people, she has become a criminal. Yes she was used by Jin Mu, but she actively participated in his plans wherein lives of young people were lost (I believe innocent ones). Those lives that were taken from performing alchemy of souls to shift the souls of old mages to younger bodies. Also, from the moment Jang Uk hid the truth about Mudeok being Naksu, he was aiding and abetting a criminal. Again, when innocent lives are lost in your quest for revenge, you have become a perpetrator in a way. So I guess, Naksu, prolly Jang Uk too, has to receive some kind of punishments. Death by doing good? Possibly. Any plot is welcome, as long as it will absolve all of the wrongs that they have done and that they can finally be remembered as saviours, not an assassin or a product of alchemy of souls. In saying that, I hope Jin Mu will meet an excruciating ending befitting to an evilest antagonist.

• January 2, 2023 at 11:28 am

Omg! Why only 10 episodes?
    I was expecting 20 episodes atleast.

• January 2, 2023 at 12:27 pm

Jin Mu kept Naksu’s body frozen instead of burning it. Naksu gets her body back and in Bu-Yeon gets to keep her body. Naksu probably finds her body in the prison where the plaque is.

• January 2, 2023 at 1:16 pm

Alchemy of soul S2 E9&E10 we be so epic ? ? can’t wait

• January 2, 2023 at 2:11 pm

I think Jin Mu will be killed by both Naksu and Jang UK. I believe the crown Prince and UK have discussed a plan against Jin Mu. I don’t think the crown Prince is in favor of what Jin Mu is doing, it’s more of an excuse to be in the known of his plans. Jang UK finds out that naksus soul is alive and finds out what happened at the ending of season 1. I believe both Buyeon and Naksu will survive (not sure if in separate bodies or in one body). It makes no sense for the love story of this show to die. Unless in the last season of the show both Uk and Naksu die together and live together in eternity.

• January 2, 2023 at 3:22 pm

MuDouk is the true eldest daughter of Jinwowan. Naksu died but her spirit lives on in the body of BuYeon. Naksu will eventually and finally leaves the body of BuYeon. JangUk will use his alchemy of soul to get her back but MuDouk appears too. JangUk will decide to reunite with MuDouk, the true eldest daughter aka BuYeon. I hope this happens as I want to see MuDouk makes a reappearance in the finale and her chemistry with JangUk is first class!

• January 2, 2023 at 5:11 pm

I would like to have the option to hear it in English version like the first. Also to have a happy ending with more episodes as well.

• January 2, 2023 at 5:49 pm

I love this show so much. Season 1 definitely had more action and I’m all for love plus action. Jang Uk in season 1 with Mudeok is my favorite episodes but I have started to really like Buy-jeon/Naksu. I believe the divine powers will return to Buy-jeon and Naksu will be be lost somewhat (season 3 hint hint). As another viewer states Uk will fight without fear or anger. He will absolutely kill Jin Mu but something interesting will happen with the queen in the shamans body. I have a feeling Naksu will end up there with the queen. The Crown Prince and his turtle will do some things right and not follow Jin Mu but support Uk. Maidservant Kim will marry Park Jin. Something will happen with Yul but not bad. He will fight with Uk. It’s going to be great but I’m just praying for a season 3. I want to see more flashes of Mudeok because people seem to have forgotten the amazing chemistry between Jung So Min and Lee Jae Wook. I guess he really is a great actor because he connects with all his female leads even in his other work.???

• January 2, 2023 at 7:18 pm

Whatever the ending is… To the writers and producers.. pls Jin-mu death should be painful

• January 2, 2023 at 7:45 pm

I commented earlier on the overall arc for the last two episodes. I would like to add a modification.
    …….Naksu/BuYeon wants to return still as Naksu to return the plaque and get her revenge on Jim Mu as Choi’s daughter (whether she remembers that part or not hasn’t been made clear in the series). Her wish is fulfilled with the help of Jang Uk and BuYeon. As Naksu departs, BuYeon fully returns as MuDeok. One more surprise to Jang Uk. Jim Mu’s plot is completely foiled and his secret army eliminated. Crown Prince is implicated. With Jin Mu’s demise, the soul shifters are also eradicated. Jang Uk is faced with the choice of presenting his lineage or not.
    BuYeon tells Jang Uk that the Ice Stone was now meant for him as someone born under the King’s Star and she could help alleviate his suffering. Jang Uk realizes that many of the things that Naksu/BuYeon did earlier were by BuYeon who now looks like MuDeok, so is happy that his feelings continue, now directed at BuYeon. Can the heiress to Jinyowon marry? Will Jang Uk follow his true lineage?
    Can they become King and Queen in the end and set the course of their reign caring for the ordinary people and alchemy of souls forever banned? And thus ends this story.

• January 2, 2023 at 7:54 pm

One more alternate ending.
    Crown Prince does a U-turn – he was merely pretending in order to expose everything that Jin Mu had been preparing. Jin Mu and his secret army are completely eliminated. Naksu gets her revenge and departs. Hang Uk refuses the destiny of the King’s Star.
    BuYeon/MuDeok tells Jang Uk that the Ice Stone is now for him and she would be happy to help alleviate his suffering. They get married.

• January 2, 2023 at 10:00 pm

There’s no way naksu will die an uk will be sane? It’s either she lives or he dies with her… Both naksu and uk will be alive while Jin mu that goat ? will die a shameful death?I don’t even know the need of that king in the movie sha but nevertheless alchemy of souls is now my favorite movie?

• January 2, 2023 at 10:01 pm

• January 2, 2023 at 10:05 pm

I don’t know what the end will be like but hopefully they will not extend it to the point of diluting the interest like it happens so often in American mini series. In my opinion, the only reason why the second season hasn’t scored higher viewing is because it has not been translated yet. Do it! I will watch it all over again. Hate reading subtitles.

• January 2, 2023 at 10:45 pm

I love Alchemy of souls it’s very interesting, emotional and full of suspense I can handle predict the next chapter of the story, I wish I could be a part of Kdrama ??
    +2349099488485

• January 2, 2023 at 10:46 pm

+2349099488485

• January 3, 2023 at 3:44 am

Its excepected to be continued to S3 with diffrent main evil coroctor like the prince or his mother

• January 3, 2023 at 4:01 am

We want MuDeok back before the season 2 ends. Her chemistry with Jang Uk is incomparable. He also have a good chemistry with BuYeon/Naksu but not as gratifying as MuDeok. So please make a plot where Naksu will leave BuYeon’s body and BuYeon will return to her real identity as MuDeok because that was the original, from season 1. Then MuDeok/BuYeon will marry Jang Uk and become king & queen as Jang Uk is the strongest, real & only son of the late king, while BuYeon as the eldest daughter and reigning leader of Jinyowon clan.

• January 3, 2023 at 4:24 am

Eagerly waiting for an announcement of season 3

• January 3, 2023 at 4:46 am

I rather prefer the new Naksu now, the only concern i have with this season 2 is that it might not end well as expected, and that will reduce the movie ratings

• January 3, 2023 at 6:05 am

I hope no one possess the firebird power so that no one goes to challenge UK

• January 3, 2023 at 11:12 am

In this drama is a love story between the greatest mage and the lost soul of an assassin…but the character of Jin Buyeon has been mystifying and interesting from the start. I think viewers are also wishing her story will be justified. Her image was created to be so great so it will only be fair for Jin Buyeon to reclaim her position, it does not matter whether she ends up with someone or not as long as people learn about her existence and her power….but it may also be nice if she ends up with the Crown Prince who fell in love with her as Mudeok.

• January 3, 2023 at 3:03 pm

I think the last two episodes will have a reversal of what most viewers expect the ending to be. Personally, I hope there is a way to seperate Mu Deok and Naksu’s souls and bodies.

• January 3, 2023 at 3:43 pm

Lovely episodes in season 1 and 2 till now ! But many loose ends are there like will Bu- yeon get hold of entire power and release Naksu’s soul or Naksu will find another way to survive. Crown prince vs Jang UK’s face to face. Bu yeon’s power as a priestess. Removal of ice stone from Jang UK . Jin Mun ‘s endless cunning plan and further problems owing to alchemy of souls. Problems in North Fortess . Seems many more seasons are on its way !

• January 3, 2023 at 8:40 pm

I love alchemy of souls S2 I love naksu, she is really funny and sassy ,i hope Jang UK and bu yoen gets to live together happily and I really hope Jin mu dat idiotic scumbag dies a shamefully.

• January 3, 2023 at 11:53 pm

This is movie is just too interesting ? I hope it’s ends well cause I can’t wait to see ji mu dies painful ?? death as the most dangerous and cunning antagonist

• January 4, 2023 at 3:18 am

I’m enjoying every episode of this wonderful drama. I wish this season 2 gets to episode 20

• January 4, 2023 at 5:43 am

Alchemy of souls is so fantastic, but how I wish both Jan UK an yul get to their respective lovers mudu ke and Naksu and I didn’t expect the season 2 to just end in 10 episode which is is almost too small to end the series completely. If possible we surely need to see the season 3 of this beloved Korean drama. Thank you.

• January 4, 2023 at 8:00 am

To my on point of view, what interesting me so much, is the producer who manage to change the name naksu of season 1 and replace it with bu- Yeon to take over in season 2 thanks to the producer to make things possible for this k-drama, I really appreciate, because the replacement he made Make the movie so interesting , and look at the lady in season 1 and 2 they resemble………..I rest may case..

• January 4, 2023 at 10:11 am

I was worried season 2 will be boring and not interesting to watch since mouduk died in season but mehn,I was wrong. The season 2 is a banger..Kudos to the team but am sad it’s ending soon..Just 10 episodes ?

• January 4, 2023 at 10:11 am

• January 4, 2023 at 2:49 pm

Sincerely, I prefer the new naksu, it is better that way.
    Naksu’s soul leaves the body of mudoak….mudoak regains her real face.
    Naksu regains her real body cuz her body was freezed. Lady Jin gets her daughter bu yoen happily, safe and sound. Naksu and Jang uk fights together, alongside with Jang uk’s family/people against and kill Jin mu and whomever sides him.
    The prince should have sense and realize that Jin mu has been using him for his own benefit.
    The queen should be fought against too, she should die.
    Jin mu should die a very torturous, a very painful and a very regretful death.
    Seo yul should and lady heo, the physician, should fall in love with each other and get married. Lady Jin’s second daughter should get married to lord park.
    Naksu and Jang uk will kill all the bad people…then jang uk and the prince will reconsile and everything will become okay.
    The prince can get married to mudoak if it’s possible.
    Jang uk gets married to Naksu….and live happily.
    The End..?

• January 4, 2023 at 2:55 pm

Sincerely, I prefer the new naksu, it is better that way.
    Naksu’s soul leaves the body of mudoak….mudoak regains her real face.
    The queen should be fought against too, she should die.
    Jin mu should die a very torturous, a very painful and a very regretful death.
    The prince can get married to mudoak if it’s possible.
    Jang uk gets married to Naksu….and live happily.
    The End..?

• January 4, 2023 at 4:59 pm

I just want to see Jin Buyeon’s true divine powers in full; hopefully that will happen in the next two episodes. Jin Mu’s secrets will come to the limelight and he will face the consequences both of pushing Jin Buyeon into the lake regarding the ice stone she secured as a child in the presence of Jin Utak her father and for training an innocent child into an assassin (Naksu), used and killed her as well. Too bad SEO Yul may want to be with Naksu for a while too as his lover. The crown prince will cowardly wish to be among the real good guys as Jin Mu’s evil would want to choke life outta him. Hey! Do something about the Queen before she shifts soul into a younger spring. Lol. Maid Servant Kim should be married to her Lord please before it’s a wrap. Her sweetness is too sweet y’all.

• January 5, 2023 at 12:11 pm

I think season 2 isn’t as epic as season 1. It’s so sad .. even though season 1 was really unbelievably good. On the other side.. go yun jung’s acting is not extraordinary..Se ason 2 is enough until episode 10 only because it is quite disappointing from the story and the replacement of the actress and the end of the story depends on the author whatever it is.That’s more interesting even Naksu dies & jang uk dies..it doesn’t matter.its enough.no more season 3

• January 5, 2023 at 12:22 pm

I think season 2 isn’t as epic as season 1. It’s so sad .. even though season 1 was really unbelievably good. On the other side.. go yun jung’s acting is not extraordinary..Se ason 2 is enough until episode 10 only because it is quite disappointing from the story and the replacement of the actress and the end of the story depends on the author whatever it is.That’s more interesting even Naksu dies & jang uk dies..it doesn’t matter.please place it where it should be in the beginning Naksu is die before take but yeon’ s body..it’s s bu yeon’ body not Naksu.. so jang uk as well..he should be die in season 1..this drama is enough..the end…no more season 3

• January 7, 2023 at 3:47 pm

Whatever it is I really hope both Naksu and Mu deok could really be alive….anyways it’s the ice stone and with Jang Uk possessing it’s power I think he would be willing to sacrifice anything to save whoever it is

• January 8, 2023 at 1:16 am

why people keep blaming the new actress? clearly the writer and director sucks big time, even if previous actress back the story will still boring as long as the director and the writer are the same.

• January 8, 2023 at 9:41 am

I predict that in the season finale, jin bu yeon will give birth by some miracle of the ice stone in jang uk to herself (mu deok).
    I have always wondered why she chose naksu in part 1, because naksu did not choose to shift into her. I have always had the feeling she realized that she should not have been born through the ice stone and saw naksu as her new mother and jang-uk as her father or a new means to re-enter this world.
    I am not sure how, but naksu will get to stay in her new naksu-looking body while the child will take on the former jin-bu yeon’s blind girl looks.
    I do not have an explanation for why the teaser shows a blind jin bu yeon beyond my belief that naksu indeed dies as predicted by master lee and this causes the jin bu yeon maksu look alike to become blind.
    A pregnant woman has two souls in her, so while i am not 100%sure the child would be jin buyeon or naksu, i do predict that this is how the two souls in one body situation will be resolved.

• January 9, 2023 at 8:12 am

After watching episode 9 what comes my mind is that there will be season 3 and more stories to balance the stories,keep it up, the writters are amazing.

• January 12, 2023 at 11:56 am

Love it all I can’t wait intell the other come out but when