We discuss predictions for the HBO series The Last of Us Season 1 Episode 2 and includes the release date and where to watch online.
The first episode of the highly anticipated series The Last of Us has arrived. We saw many similar beats for those who have played the video game and even some things that viewers who never played the game could invest in. Here is everything that went down in Season 1 Episode 1.
- The episode kicked off with us back in 1968, with Dr. Newman talking about a global plague that could take over the world.
- Fast forward to 2003, when we meet Sarah and Joel. We find out that it’s Joel’s birthday as she is making breakfast for him. After a little small back and forth, Sarah asks her dad to make sure he brings a cake home on his way home from work.
- Before she leaves the house, Sarah goes into one of her dad’s drawers and grabs a watch and some cash.
- After school, Sarah heads to the jewelry shop to get the watch fixed. However, while she is there, a lady comes out and shuts the shop down for some reason.
- Later that night, Joel forgot to get the cake, upsetting Sarah, but she gave him his present, making him really happy.
- While they are on the couch watching a movie, Joel’s brother calls from jail, asking him to bail him out. In the middle of the night, Sarah wakes up from a loud bang and freaks out cause no one is home. As she headed over to the neighbor’s house, she noticed something was wrong with her.
- Moments later, Joel shows up freaking out, making Sarah get in the truck with her and his brother.
- One thing leads to another, and mimicking the video game, we see Sarah get shot and killed.
- Fast forward 20 years to 2023, where we see Joel working for the new militia, and society doesn’t look anything like it used to.
- We get our first introduction to Ellie, who is being held captive.
- Joel is working every shift possible to get the pieces together to get a truck and head toward the tower where his brother is. We find out that the battery they bought from someone else double-sold it, putting their trip in jeopardy.
- After going on a hunt to find supplies with Tess, they run into Marlene. After gunshots cause a ruckus, the initial plan for Marlene to take Ellie where she is supposed to go isn’t happening.
- Marlene presents an offer to Joel and Tess to have them do the mission. However, after consulting, they counteroffered, which Marlene took.
- The episode ends with Joel, Tess, and Ellie heading out on the run.
The Last of Us Season 1 Episode 2 Release Date and Time
Episode 2 is scheduled to release on HBO on January 22nd, 2023. The release time is 8:00 PM EST. Episode 2 is titled “Infected” and will have a run time of 60 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers can catch The Last of Us Season 1 Episode 2 on HBO on the date mentioned above.
- Joel and Ellie are finally able to get out of the city.
- Some new obstacles stand in the way of Joel and Ellie as they try to get to the tower.
- Joel starts to see his young daughter in Ellie.