Episode 2 is the best of the Diabolical bunch in a twisted Matt Groening-esque episode of identity and revenge.
This recap of Amazon’s The Boys Presents: Diabolical season 1, episode 2, “An Animated Short Where Pissed-Off Supes Kill Their Parents,” contains spoilers.
The Boys Presents: Diabolical season 1, episode 2 recap
This features a home for adopted children with “s**t” for powers. For instance, you meet Mo-Slow, a kid who moves at such a slow pace they p**s themselves before they make it to the bathroom. Then there is Boombox, a man who has a stereo speaker for a head and can only play Hootie and the Blowfish’s “I Only Wanna Be with You.” You have some girl with such long, sharp teeth she can’t eat an apple without scarring the inside of her mouth.
Then there is Kingdom, which can transform into any animal — not just the mind, the body as well. Let’s hope he doesn’t turn into a gnat any time soon. You even have someone who is water, but the only thing they do is have colors like the Mexican flag. We can round out Big because he is big, whose best friend is the Human tongue, Boob Face, ghost, and some guy with testicles that he can use to mount anything.
Talk about making a girl blush.
All of these “freaks” had been injected with something called “Compound V” that made them this way. Oh, then the child with the talent of narration, the one who keeps talking during the episode, introduces us to Flashbacks. He has, you know.
So, all the uncool kids with s**t for powers jump into a car. They want to find the man who injected them with Compound V. When they find him, they bring in “Papers,” a young man with six-pack abs and long blonde hair. He lacks confidence. Why? That’s because of his superpower of finding any documentation when needed. When Ghost hears papers blowing around in a hidden safe, she sees all of their parent’s addresses who gave them up for adoption. Ghost has them hit the road, and Boombox lets the rootsy folk-pop with silky smooth hooks of Hootie and those other guys.
Is this a heartwarming family reunion? Uh, nope.
- Tongue coils around her parents and squeezes them until they explode
- With the help of that sharp teeth girl, Water electrocutes his parents, who are doing it doggy-style in the jacuzzi. The same girl takes a bite of her mother’s neck later.
- Boombox blows up his parent’s heads when he turns up the beats too loud for human ears.
- Kingdom throws chum all over his parents, then turns into a great white shark. I imagine you can fill in the blanks about what happens next.
- Boob Face, with the help of Flashback, unloads a clip of hot lead into his mother, who kills puppies for fun.
- Mo Slow chokes his father out, who is very supportive, but it happens very slowly.
- The balls guy drops those suckers, which are made of such hot iron only an anvil can sustain them, onto his father’s neck, ending his night.
Finally, when Ghost is about to filet her father by inhabiting Mo Slow’s body, The Homelander shows up. He kills everyone by using his heat vision lasers. He kills all the kids, except for Ghost, who escapes because, you know, she is a ghost.
Oh, and as the Narrator plays the episode off, he narrates himself ripping his father’s face off with a spoon and using it as a mask.
What did you think of Amazon’s The Boys Presents: Diabolical season 1, episode 2, “An Animated Short Where Pissed-Off Supes Kill Their Parents”? Let us know in the comments below!