This article discusses the Peacock Horror film They/Them and will include details of the premise, release date, cast, director, and trailer.
The closer we get to October, the more horror and slasher films that surface, so it’s no surprise that Peacock is marketing their film They/Them already. Here’s everything we know so far.
Peacock film They/Them premise
Courtesy of Peacock — Kevin Bacon plays Owen Whistler in this slasher horror film set at an LGBTQIA+ conversion camp. Several queer and trans campers join Whistler for a week of programming intended to “help them find a new sense of freedom.” As the camp’s methods become increasingly more psychologically unsettling, the campers must work together to protect themselves. When a mysterious killer starts claiming victims, things get even more dangerous.
Thoughts on the premise
Based on the premise, They/Them will be your typical thriller with cultural undertones about our society. Expect many themes regarding conversion therapy and strong opposition to the abhorrent therapy. It’s interesting that Kevin Bacon plays the lead. Hopefully, it’s not just a pay cheque.
They/Them release date
The Peacock film will be released on Friday, August 5, 2022, on its streaming service.
Here is the confirmed cast:
- Kevin Bacon (You Should Have Left, City on a Hill).
- Anna Chlumsky (Inventing Anna, Veep).
- Theo Germaine (The Politician, Work In Progress).
- Carrie Preston (Claws, Dr. Death).
- Quei Tann (How to Get Away with Murder, Dear White People).
- Austin Crute (Booksmart, Daybreak).
- Monique Kim (High Expectasians, Looks That Kill).
- Anna Lore (All American, Doom Patrol).
- Cooper Koch (Less Than Zero, A New York Christmas Wedding).
- Darwin Del Fabro (Dangerous Liaisons, Novo Mundo).
The film is directed by John Logan (Skyfall).
Courtesy of Peacock:
- Kevin Bacon (he/him) plays Owen Whistler, the conversion camp director who runs Whistler Camp alongside several counselors including his wife, Cora.
- Anna Chlumsky (she/her) plays Molly, the camp’s medic and newest employee.
- Carrie Preston (she/her) plays Cora Whistler, a licensed therapist in charge of the campers’ therapy sessions, and the wife of camp director Owen Whistler.
- Theo Germaine (they/them) plays Jordan, a transgender and non-binary camper from a religious background who has made a deal with their parents to legally emancipate if attending Whistler doesn’t “work.”
- Quei Tann?(she/her) plays?Alexandra, a transgender woman whose parents have threatened to kick her out of the house if she didn’t attend the camp.
- Austin Crute (he/him) plays Toby, a gay camper who negotiated with his parents for a trip to New York in exchange for a week at Whistler Camp.
- Monique Kim (she/her) plays Veronica, a bisexual camper who wants to stop fighting who she really is.
- Anna Lore (she/her) plays Kim, a closeted lesbian camper who puts on a perfectly crafted front for her family and friends, assuming that when she fits in, she’ll finally be loved.
- Cooper Koch (he/him) plays Stu, a jock with aspirations of a swim scholarship and joining his father’s fraternity – things he doesn’t feel he can achieve if he’s open about being gay.
- Darwin Del Fabro (he/him) plays Gabriel, a sensitive gay camper tired of the persistent name-calling and bullying he’s endured his entire life.
Is there a trailer for They/Them?
Yes, there is!
Thoughts on the trailer:
It gives off a very creepy vibe with a Get Out approach. Hopefully, the film is as good as the trailer, spurring many conversations on social media. However, we must add that this film is a Blumhouse production. Their films can be inconsistent at times.
What do you think of the Peacock film They/Them so far? Will you be adding this to your watchlist? Comment below.