This article is a preview for Avenue 5 season 2, episode 2 and contains details about the release date, time, and where to watch online.
Created and written by Veep‘s Armando Iannucci, Avenue 5 is a sharply satirical sci-fi comedy on HBO and HBO Max. After a successful first season about a luxury space cruise that went catastrophically wrong, the second season picks up where we left off, with the journey having been extended by eight long years after a series of avoidable calamities.
Here’s the official Avenue 5 Season 2 synopsis:
Picking up five months after failing to reroute the vessel, Season 2 follows the crew – including fiery engineer Billie, unpredictable head of customer relations Matt, and faithful right-hand Iris – as they struggle to lead, calm, control, and, if need be, hide from increasingly unruly passengers. On earth, they’re lauded as heroes, and in space, everyone can hear them scream.
Avenue 5 season 2, episode 1 recap:
- Ryan still hadn’t told the passengers about the delay in journey time, so everyone was expecting to arrive back on Earth in four weeks.
- With food running out and the only option being to starve half the passengers, Matt and Rav attempted to disseminate the bad news via Frank’s popular cooking show, but they accidentally revealed to Karen that he had been lying about the crew hating her to keep her locked in the room.
- On Earth, a new character named Lucas took over operations to bring the Avenue 5 home, fixing the comm delay to communicate the new length of the voyage to the crew. Iris attempted to pre-warn Judd, but several passengers overheard and were sent into a panic.
- Another blunder in engineering extended the ship’s journey even further, and also put the ship on a direct collision course with the sun.
Avenue 5 season 2, episode 2 release date/time
Where to watch Avenue 5 season 2 online
As mentioned above, the show is exclusive to HBO and HBO Max. The latter is available with a subscription: The ad-free package runs $14.99/month or $149.99/year while the ad-supported model will set you back $9.99/month or $99.99/year.
How many episodes will Avenue 5 season have?
Avenue 5 Season 2 will consist of eight episodes, down from the nine of the first season, and they’ll run on a weekly cadence through to November 28, 2022.
There is no official synopsis for the episode available, but we can make some assumptions:
- The first order of business will surely be getting the passengers under control since they now know about all the bad news. The second order of business will be, one assumes, finding a way to not fly into the sun.
- Karen will probably go rogue in one way or another, and probably try to take some revenge on Frank.
- Iris will surely clash with Jacob and attempt to go behind his back to communicate with Judd.