Angelina Chavez Torres – Christmas With You Tribute Explained

November 24, 2022
Miguel Fernández 26
Netflix, News, Streaming Service
Loading JustWatch data...

Angelina Chavez Torres – Christmas With You Tribute Explained. We explain the end credits dedicated to Angelina and her influence on the Netflix film.

The film Christmas With You is now streaming on Netflix, starring Freddie Prinze Jr. and Aimee García. It is a romantic comedy set during Christmas time that, according to our review, “passes the time very nicely and charmingly.” It follows García as pop star Angelina, who is struggling to survive in the era of social media. But after deciding to surprise a young fan, ends up meeting the fan’s family and writing a new song with the father, played by Freddie Prinze Jr.

Cue in your favorite romantic comedy tropes, and we have ourselves a comfortable watch that will put a smile on your face by the time the credits roll. Only these credits have an interesting addition, as the film is dedicated to a woman named Angelina Chavez Torres.

Who is Angelina Chavez Torres?

She is the mother of German Michael Torres, who came up with the story for Christmas With You and is a producer on the film. Angelina passed away in July 2020, as her son confirmed via an Instagram post, where he wrote:

“My beautiful mom, my Angel, is now an Angel with my pops. My heart is broken. I love you mom. Thank you for being the best mom ever and loving me like you did.”

It is no coincidence, of course, that the main female character of the movie is named Angelina or that she recently passed away, something that brings nostalgia out of her during Christmas time. Moreover, judging from the time of the release of this movie, it’s even possible that German Michael Torres came up with the story for the script back in Christmas 2020 and decided to credit his mom for inspiring the movie.

What does the Angelina Chavez Torres obituary say?

Her page in Dignity Memorial says:

“Angelina Chavez Torres was born on October 2, 1938 in Hayden, Arizona. She is preceded by her parents; Octaviano Duran Chavez and her mother Soledad Romo Chavez, and her one and only true Love, her husband, German Torres, 50 years of marriage. She is survived by her Loving family. Her daughters; Sylvia Brill, Angelina Cannon, AnnaMarie Ybarra, Elishevah-Elsa Torres, Yolanda Torres, and the apple of her eye, her only son, German Torres Jr. She had eight Grandchildren; Tony, Angie, Danielle, Hannah, Brian Jr, Joshua, Christian and Isabella. Five Great Grandchildren; Ryder, Tegan, Derrick, Elias, T.J., and her loving brothers Rex Chavez and Jose (Chepe) Chavez. She had eight brothers and two sisters.”

What does the Christmas With You memory tribute say about Angelina Chavez Torres?

In a title card that appears at the beginning of the credits, next to a photo of Angelina, we can read: “In memory of Angelina Chavez Torres.”

Did Angelina Chavez Torres work on Christmas With You?

She did not, but her son was the one who came up with the story for the movie and is also a producer in it, which means he was very involved in the whole process. Judging from the timing of her passing in July 2020 and when the movie was put together, we infer that it might have been Angelina’s absence at Christmas that year that inspired her son, German Michael Torres, to create the film.

Did this help you understand the tribute to Angelina in Christmas With You? Did you enjoy the movie? Let us know in the comments!

More Stories

26 thoughts on “Angelina Chavez Torres – Christmas With You Tribute Explained

• November 25, 2022 at 3:14 am

Loved it!
    Wonderful film n loved the cast!
    Well done!!!

• November 25, 2022 at 3:16 am

Excellent movie with great music, romance and love for the Christmas session. Very heartwarming, very enjoyable!

• November 25, 2022 at 6:41 am

Yes, thank You for explaining the IN MEMORY OF part. Loved the movie… Aimee Garcia is one very talented Young Lady. Fell in love with when she was on DEXTER … Her and Freddie Prince were wonderful together. ?????

• November 25, 2022 at 10:58 am

What a lovely movie to put a smile on my face this morning!! Great way to spend a bit of time.

• November 25, 2022 at 7:46 pm

I loved it!!! I thought it was funny, romantic, and heart-warming. I thought it had a very charming story line and that it also had a way of showing us viewers how others also have experienced the sadness of “missing their moms” especially around the holidays.For me it is one of those feel good warm and fuzzy on the inside kind of movies that you can watch over an over again with a smile on your face!!!! I loved it!!! Thank You for a very beautiful movie!!!! Have a wonderful Christmas an New Year holiday everyone!!!

• November 26, 2022 at 1:30 am

Loved it! It brought me to tears! It left me wanting more! It was very heartfelt! ??

• November 26, 2022 at 3:17 am

Absolutely loved this movie! Beautiful Christmas movie, heart warming as well as funny. Great music, romance and family togetherness. Loved all 3 main actors, Aimee, Freddie and the daughter. Well done!!

• November 26, 2022 at 3:48 am

It was a wonderful movie to watch. I enjoyed it so much.

• November 26, 2022 at 4:13 am

Great film, loved it, just finished watching it

• November 26, 2022 at 6:04 am

Yes, that explains the movie! It’s my type of movie! Loved it.

• November 26, 2022 at 3:11 pm

Just started the day with watching this movie as the Christmas decorating came to a halt bringing many smiles and tears! Well done and what a beautiful back story as I kept rewinding to see the “In memory of” beautifully written and German you have your mom smiling from above for sure!! Thank you for the sweetest Christmas movie this year!

• November 27, 2022 at 2:04 am

Loved the movie! Very touching and moving storyline. All the actors were great. Deja Monique Cruz is going places. Great young actress. I really enjoyed the bilingual twist.

• November 27, 2022 at 8:20 pm

I just finished watching it and it was absolutely wonderful! As all of the others mentioned, it was heart-warming and fun to watch. It hit all of the right notes ? . I do believe it will become one of the movies to watch every season. Filled with music, love, laughter, and tears. Bravo!

• November 28, 2022 at 12:38 am

I enjoyed the movie. It was so cute and I believe in can relate to a lot of Latino families in the States specially! Mostly as life away from homeland is never easy for anyone.

• November 28, 2022 at 3:43 am

Very touching and perfectly displayed. A very warm message in home, family and holidays. Full of love and tied up pretty with a happy ending. Hats off to writers and producers, no better choice in the acting than the actors and actresses involved.

• November 28, 2022 at 4:25 am

I really enjoyed the Movie. It had a Good story line, and Very well Acted.I also liked the Music.

• November 28, 2022 at 11:27 am

I loved it such a beautiful Christmas movie thank you ??????

• November 28, 2022 at 5:20 pm

I loved the movie. I loved the song. The characters were wonderful! The cast was awesome! I’ll watch the movie again.

• November 29, 2022 at 5:33 am

Wonderful movie. Very well done… conveying family, friendship, comedy, and love and great cast.

• November 30, 2022 at 4:14 am

I just finished watching the movie! Loved it! This is now one of my favorite movies for the Holidays. The couldn’t have picked a better cast loved it. Congrats on such an awesome movie very touching!

• December 1, 2022 at 3:56 am

Absolutely loved this movie! I’ll probably watch it again. And again. Heartwarming and very entertaining.

• December 1, 2022 at 3:58 am

My husband and I just finished watching the movie and we loved it. I know i will be watching it again with my daughter again tomorrow.

• December 2, 2022 at 8:36 am

I just finished watching the movie and I enjoyed it very much.

• December 3, 2022 at 8:09 pm

It was a beautiful story & tribute; his mother is very proud regardless. I haven’t cried sad or happy tears in awhile so it was nice to experience such a wonderful heartfelt movie; I will rewatch probably every year now:) HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL & ALWAYS PAY IT FORWARD

• December 4, 2022 at 10:01 pm

Just watched this movie. I was skeptical at first, but warmed up to it. Loved the story line, and really loved the music. I hope this becomes a classic. I will watch it many times again, I am sure. My condolences to Mr. Torres, and his family for their loss, but congratulations for making this movie a tribute to his Mother.

• December 6, 2022 at 5:15 am

Absolutely one of the nicest christmas movies ive sern in a very long time. No politics, just a good old fashioned boy meets girl and falls in love kind if story. Well done! *****+ love love loved it. Beautiful song too.