We discuss predictions for the Crunchyroll anime series Tomo-Chan Is a Girl! Season 1 Episode 7, and include the release date and where to watch online.
While Jun (Kaito Ishikawa) and Tomo’s (Rie Takahashi) awkward week didn’t have as much influence as expected in this episode, we still got some more insight into why Jun seems to be so apprehensive about changing the nature of his relationship with Tomo. None of that got in the way of them winning during the dodgeball tournament, thankfully, as things seem to be more than normal between Jun and Tomo. With Misuzu (voiced by Rina Hidaka) warning Tomo that time is running out, however, it will be interesting to see how long things remain normal.
- Jun and Misuzu give Tomo gifts for her birthday. Carol then appears, attempting to give Tomo a gold bar for her birthday before Misuzu suggests an alternative gift. They then tell Tomo to meet them after school for a makeover.
- Misuzu and Carol send Tomo to the store in her new look. Tomo sees Jun, who does not seem to recognize her.
- Tomo trips outside the convenience store door, prompting Jun to approach and see if she’s okay.
- After being asked to walk with her, Jun concludes this can’t be Tomo because the girl is too tall.
- Unaware this is Tomo he’s speaking with, Jun begins to tell her about his best friend who things are changing with. He reveals that he’s trying to focus on his present goal of beating Tomo.
- With the school’s annuals Ball Sports Tournament coming up, Tomo is forced to join the boys in playing dodgeball which excites Jun.
- Tomo and Jun’s team easily dominates the tournament’s first two games.
- In the final round, a third-year nicknamed “The Gorilla” makes a bet with Jun, forcing him to join the Judo club if he loses.
- Jun sacrifices himself for Tomo, giving her the strength to throw a game-winning pass and win the tournament.
- Misuzu tells Tomo that she’s running out of time with Jun.
- The Gorrilla approaches Jun and challenges him to a match. He doesn’t understand why Jun is wasting his talents, to which Jun replies all he ever wanted was to catch up to Tomo.
- Jun comments that Tomo could probably beat the Gorilla in a fight, and she scolds him.
- Jun realizes that the only reason he feels strong is because he has Tomo by his side.
Tomo-Chan Is a Girl! Season 1 Episode 7 Release Date and Time
Episode 7 is scheduled to release on Crunchyroll on Wednesday, February 15th, 2023. The release time is 1:00 p.m. ET. The title of episode 7 is unknown at this time, but it will have a run time of approximately 23 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Tomo-Chan Is a Girl! Season 1 Episode 7 with a subscription to Crunchyroll on the date mentioned above.
Although I was wrong about my Jun and Tomo-related predictions last week, I am glad we didn’t have to spend an episode trying to fix the awkwardness between them. Now that we’ve learned a little more about how Jun feels about Tomo, it will be interesting to see how that affects how he navigates their relationship from here on out.
- It’s been a major plot point that Jun isn’t a part of any clubs despite being skilled in karate. Considering how badly he wants to catch up to Tomo, I think he might finally give in and join the judo club.
- Tomo has proven to be a fairly honest character, so I could see Tomo telling Jun it was her he was talking to post-makeover. Considering what he confessed to her, I could see this upsetting him.