We discuss predictions for the Netflix and Crunchyroll anime series Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 18, including the release date and where to watch online.
Things took a turn for the worst this week as Arnheid (Mayumi Sako) seemingly had lost everything all in a span of a few hours.
Now she, Thorfinn (Yuto Uemura), and Einar (Shunsuke Takeuchi) will likely be punished, losing everything they worked so hard for on Ketil’S (Hideaki Tezuka) farm this season.
Although both men made the right choice, time will only tell how much it will end up costing them in the end, especially now that Thorfinn’s finally on the brink of being found by Leif (Yoji Ueda).
- Snake and Thorfinn fight one another. While Snake fights with a sword, Thorfinn uses only his hands, barely evading each swipe.
- Snake manages to get the upper hand on Thorfinn, positioning himself in front of an injured Gardar and effectively winning the fight.
- Despite both Arnheid and Sverkel trying to reason with Snake, he chooses to stab him in the chest anyway.
- Seconds later, Gardar pops up and places Snake in a chokehold.
- Thorfinn tries to stop Gardar physically but fails.
- Arnheid convinces Gardar to let go of Snake.
- Arnheid and Gardar successfully escape with Sverkel’s wagon.
- Gardar dies in Arnheid’s arms before they make it off the farm.
- As he passes, the viewer seems to see what Gardar sees in the afterlife. In the end, he is reunited with Hjalti.
- The guards slowly close in on Arnheid, preparing to take her back to the farm.
Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 18 Release Date and Time
Episode 18 will be released on both Netflix and Crunchyroll on Monday, May 8th, 2023. The release time is 11:30 a.m E.T. Episode 18 is titled “The First Measure” and will have a run time of approximately 23 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 18 with a subscription to Netflix or Crunchyroll on the date mentioned above.
It seems I was wrong on both of my predictions last week, with Thorfinn engaging in one of the only real fights we’ve seen him in this season. Although he lost, Gardar and Arnheid did manage to escape, only for that to end in tragedy as well, and sadly, this seems like only the beginning.
- Judging from the preview for next week, it appears Thorfinn and Einar will be punished for their insubordination. I could see them each getting longer sentences or even sentenced to death, despite being so close to freedom.
- Although Arnheid should be punished for freeing Gardar and trying to escape, I have a feeling that Ketil may spare her when he learns that she is carrying his child.
- Judging by the preview, it seems there is also a chance that Ketil could try to kill Thorfinn and Einar himself as punishment. If that were the case, I could see them quickly changing his mind, as Ketil is not usually a killer.
- Vinland Saga Season 2 Review
- Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Recap
- Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 18 Recap
- Anime Shows like Vinland Saga