We discuss predictions for the 2023 Prime Video series Harlan Coben’s Shelter Season 1 Episode 8, including the release date and where to watch online.
“Sweet Dreams Are Made of This” marks the penultimate episode in the first season of Prime Video’s mysterious teen series Harlan Coben’s Shelter. In the seventh installment, the writers offer up many of the show’s secrets, yet the reveals are hard to take seriously.
The show really falls apart as it makes its way towards the finale, with illogical plot twists and lazy resolutions. The show may lean into the absurd, but it still doesn’t justify any of its outlandish subplots with any satisfying conclusions. Here’s what happened in Harlan Coben’s Shelter Season 1, Episode 7:
- Mickey washes up on the shore and is taken to the hospital. Spoon and Ema want answers, their friend is currently in a coma. They start by questioning Bat Lady, who is haunted by the ghost of Brad.
- Bat Lady urges Spoon and Ema to work with Rachel to finish the mission that they started. She keeps it cryptic, revealing nothing more. The teens decide to infiltrate the night club again.
- Spoon is captured. Candy offers advice to Ema and Rachel, then frees Spoon. Candy is shot and killed, Spoon escapes.
- Mickey wakes from his coma. Sunglasses Man explains his past and pushes Mickey to help rescue Ashley.
- Ema and Rachel head to the VIP lounge, where they befriend Buddy. They unlock his app, which gives them access to the dungeon. Buddy figures out their plan and tries to stop them. Ashley helps them all escape together.
- Ema is held at gunpoint; Ashley returns to the enemy. Mickey arrives saving the day. All the teens flee together, whilst a shootout ensues, led by Octoface. He is revealed to be a good guy, working for Abeona.
- Ashley and Octoface leave for good. Octoface passes Mickey a letter from Brad. Inside, Brad explains that he was planning on leaving Abeona. Mickey thinks Bat Lady is to blame for his father’s death now.
- Mickey confronts Bat Lady. She is stabbed by Luther. He locks Mickey and Bat Lady in a room together and sets the house on fire.
Harlan Coben’s Shelter Season 1 Episode 8 Release Date and Time
Episode 8 will be released on Prime Video on Friday, September 22nd, 2023, at 12 a.m. ET. Episode 8 is titled “Found” and will have a run time of 49 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Harlan Coben’s Shelter Season 1 Episode 8 with a subscription to Prime Video on the date mentioned above.
- I don’t think the writers would kill off their main character. Mickey will not die in the blaze. He will somehow escape and reunite with his teen friends. It looks like Luther is the new villain of the piece. They will hunt him down and demand answers about what specifically happened to Brad.
- Spoon will go into a deep depression after the death of Candy. He will be inconsolable.
- Ema and Rachel will work with Mickey to track down this mysterious man, hopefully, Luther will have some answers as to what really happened to Brad.