Next Time On… Euphoria season 2, episode 2 – “Out of Touch”
Euphoria is back and, judging by its premiere episode, the second season is up to the show’s old tricks. Excess, style, sound, fury, and erect male members all characterized the opening hour, which saw a thoroughly relapsed Rue run afoul of some drug dealers and then almost die at a Project X-style New Year’s Eve party. Euphoria season 2, episode 2, titled “Out of Touch”, will have plenty to unpack after the most recent events, which included:
- Fez taking Rue and Ashtray to secure a deal with a new drug supplier after the death of Mouse…
- Nate seducing Cassie in the bathroom and then forcing her to hide in the bathtub from Maddy…
- Rue almost dying from a drug overdose after meeting a new guy named Elliot…
- Rue and Jules reconciling as if the events of the two special episodes never took place, and…
- Fez beating Nate half to death.
Euphoria season 2, episode 2 release date:
“Out of Touch” is slated to air on Sunday, January 16, 2022, at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Where to watch Euphoria online:
New episodes of Euphoria air on HBO every Sunday night, but to watch on live TV, you’ll need a cable package with the premium channel. Likewise, the only place to stream it is on HBO Max with a subscription. An ad-free plan costs $14.99 each month, while a subscription with ads will run you $9.99 each month. This subscription will let you stream new episodes “live”, as well as binge-watch the second season.
Preview and predictions for “Out of Touch”:
Phew! After that breathless episode, there’s an awful lot going on already in this new season, so let’s take a gander and see if we can do some reasonable speculating:
- Will there be any legal comeback on Fez? He assaulted Nate in front of a party full of witnesses, and you know how Nate is for calling the cops. But, since everyone was inebriated and most of the revelers would like to stay on Fez’s good side, will anyone testify to what they saw?
- Are Rue and Jules just… back together then? I’d like to think not given how deeply personal and complex their break-up was, especially in light of the specials. But that’s the impression.
- How will Rue’s new friend Elliot factor into her romance with Jules? And isn’t he the worst person to have around if Rue’s romantic future is contingent on her staying sober?
- McKay and Cassie — totally other with? There’s still something between them, and McKay was somewhat protective when Nate was being all weird with him about it, so we’ll see, but I assume romance probably isn’t on the cards.