This article contains predictions for the Hulu series Mike season 1, episode 5, and includes details on the release date and where to watch online.
The first two instalments centered on Tyson’s rise to fame and with the second two chapters we’re given front row seats to Tyson’s personal problems and his impending downfall. He may still be winning matches, but his life is in absolute disarray. Here’s what happened in episode four of Mike:
- In 1989 Robin was in the process of divorcing and suing Tyson, all in the public eye. Tyson could only really depend upon his promoter Don King and sister Denise.
- Tyson started to spend large sums of money, buying cars, clothes and unusual things. He asked for a hot tub to be installed in his limo and reburied his mother.
- Tyson talks about Don King via his stage show, explaining how the promoter did time for killing a man and was also money mad.
- Don King organized adverts and special fights in Tokyo for Tyson. The duo made a fortune, but Don was in control of Tyson’s finances the entire time.
- Tyson’s sister Denise saw through Don King’s façade and tried to warn Tyson of Don’s hold over him, but he didn’t want to hear it or believe it. They fell out because of Denise’s comments.
- At the Douglas fight in Tokyo, 1990, Tyson tried to confront Don about his finances, but Don distracted him with a video game made specifically for Tyson.
- Overconfident and out of shape, Tyson lost the fight, his first as a professional, and was then stripped of his title.
- Tyson’s sister died and he was taken off of the video game due to his unbelievable defeat. The boxer states that worse was still to come.
Mike season 1, episode 5 release date
The next episode is scheduled to premiere on Hulu on Thursday, September 8th, 2022.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Mike season 1, episode 5 on Hulu on the date mentioned above.
- The next few instalments will focus on the nineties and like Tyson said himself, he hadn’t hit rock bottom just yet, this was only the start of his decline.
- There is some seriously dark times ahead for Tyson and more criminal activities surely to come.
- I imagine Tyson will continue to be frank and open about his darkest times in the nineties, self-reflecting on his greatest mistakes. Things are about to get a whole lot darker and it may start to become hard to sympathize with the boxer.