This article contains predictions for the Prime Video series The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power season 1, episode 4, and includes details on the release date and where to watch online.
Amid record-breaking viewing figures, record-breaking budgets, critical acclaim, and provoking the ire of a vocal corner of the internet, it’s safe to say that The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power has landed with a bang. Here is what happened in Episode 3, as well as everything that might happen moving forwards.
Episode 3 recap:
- Arondir is held captive by a gang of gnarly Orcs, despite his heroics and some pretty nifty moves, his friends all fall at the hands of his captors, and at the end of the episode is introduced to the mysterious Adar.
- Galadriel and Halbrand are taken to the legendary island of Numenor, much to the horror of the locals, where she discovers more about Sauron’s plot and her new companion’s true lineage.
- Whilst on Numenor we meet a new family of characters, who might just end up playing a large role in the future lore of the Lord of the Rings story.
- The Harfoots are acquainted with Nori’s new friend and he, in turn, ingratiates himself with her family.
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power season 1, episode 4 release date/time
The fourth episode is due for release on Thursday, September 15th, at 9 pm PT.
Where to watch online
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power is available exclusively on Prime Video and is available with a subscription.
How many episodes will The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power have?
There are 8 episodes in this first season of the Prime Video series, each of which with a runtime of approx 1 hour and 4 mins.
Preview and predictions for The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power season 1, episode 3
As ever, getting confirmed plot details about forthcoming episodes for this series remains a task beyond the means of your humble reporter but with three episodes under our belt, we have a better chance at making some halfway decent predictions.
- Arondir will face Adar, learning more about the plans that Sauron has for his Orc army. He will escape and just about make it back to the Elves in time to report on all that he has seen, before being dismissed as delusional.
- Galadriel will ally with Elendil who will betray her and attempt to assassinate her, he will be stopped by his son, Isildur.
- Halbrand will reluctantly take the mantle of King of Men and take furtive steps towards heroism.
- The Brandyfoots will decide to leave the caravan and settle, forming the first iteration of the Shire.