Willow is a 2022 sequel series to the 1988 Ron Howard dark fantasy film of the same name, which is something people might need reminding of since… well, it’s been a while. An unlikely choice for a revival, the series airs on Disney+ and is presumably an attempt at giving the streamer its very own rival to stuff like House of the Dragon on HBO and The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power on Prime Video.
Here’s what happened in Willow episode 4:
- The gang took refuge in Nockmaar to try and purge the lich from Graydon before it totally corrupted him.
- All of the gang were tormented by the castle’s magic, playing on their own fears and anxieties.
- A corrupted Graydon was able to lure Elora to the High Tower, where she glimpsed many scenes from the original movie, including Bavmorda’s defeat, which Willow barely had a role in.
- After Kit finally reveals that Elora grew the ekleberry bush, she’s able to such the lich out of Graydon, but in doing so she sees a vision of him murdering his brother as a child.
- At the end of the episode Airk woke up in a ruined Immemorial City.
Willow season 1, episode 5 release date/time
The latest episode is scheduled to be released on Wednesday, December 21 at 12 am PT, 3 am ET, and 8 am GMT, exclusively on Disney+.
Where to watch Willow online
This series is exclusive to Disney+ and can only be watched on the platform with a subscription.
Is there a trailer?
There is! You can watch it here:
How many episodes will Willow have?
Willow will have eight episodes released on a weekly cadence through January 11, 2023. Here’s the full schedule:
- Episode 1 (November 30)
- Episode 2 (November 30)
- Episode 3 (December 7)
- Episode 4 (December 14)
- Episode 5 (December 21)
- Episode 6 (December 28)
- Episode 7 (January 4)
- Episode 8 (January 11)
Who is in the cast?
- Warwick Davis as Willow Ufgood
- Ruby Cruz as Kit
- Erin Kellyman as Jade
- Ellie Bamber as Dove
- Tony Revolori as Graydon
- Amar Chadha-Patel as Boorman
- Dempsey Bryk as Airk
- Joanne Whalley as Sorsha
We don’t have an official title or synopsis for the next episode, but we can make some logical assumptions:
- So, the big question here is the accuracy of what Elora saw of Graydon’s past, and how this informs their relationship.
- Now that Boorman has addressed Kit and Jade’s relationship, I think they might become a little more open about it themselves.
- Having seen Airk, I suspect that we’ll begin to dovetail his experiences with the fellowship’s attempts to reach him.
- Elora’s magical abilities will presumably start to flourish more now that she finally believes in her own power.