We discuss predictions for the Crunchyroll anime series Don’t Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro Season 2 Episode 4, and include the release date and where to watch online.
With each week, it feels like the romantic tension is very slowly, but very surely, rising between Nagatoro (voiced by Sumire Uesaka) and Senpai as they learn to care for one another more. It’s clear they’re both changing each other for the better, and that’s especially evident in this episode as viewers watch them continuously go out of their way to help one another. Traits that Nagatoro would’ve mercilessly teased Senpai about in the past are becoming ones she respects while he continuously tries to step out of his comfort zone. The progress between this two is impossible to ignore as we dive further into season 2.
- Nagatoro wakes up from a nap in the art room and gets a call from her friends to meet up and have “girl talk” with them.
- Noticing she left her phone behind, Senpai goes to return it to her and soon realizes he has no idea what class she is in.
- A girl with a ponytail tries to help him. Senpai realizes he doesn’t know her first name either, only a nickname, but the girl recognizes it anyway and points him to the right classroom.
- Senpai checks the room, but Nagatoro isn’t inside. He tries to leave but winds up hiding in a locker when her friends enter the room.
- Nagatoro suddenly comes running in, and he’s forced to listen as the girls talk about boyfriends and types. He hears Nagatoro say her type is “someone I like hanging out with, I guess,” and remembers all the times they’ve hung out.
- Suddenly Nagatoro realizes that she has lost her phone and her friends wonder if it is in the art room, causing Senpai to make a noise in the locker accidentally.
- Nagatoro gets up to check it and finds Senpai hiding inside. He hands her the phone, and she makes an excuse to sneak him into the hallway.
- She is upset at the idea he overheard her talking, but Senpai takes off down the hall before admitting he did.
- Later that night, Senpai is jogging to train for the school marathon but ends up hurting his ankle. It isn’t enough to stop him from running, but he does check on it again the next day before the race.
- Once the race starts, Nagatoro swiftly comes running up beside Senpai. She and her friends challenge him to a race, but he declines.
- Suddenly, the art club president, Sunomiya, comes running by in a scantily clad bunny outfit for her “performance art”. The girls decide they want to race her but then decide to try to get Senpai to do it instead.
- The group becomes separated when a street light changes, leaving Nagatoro and Senpai to go ahead on their own.
- She realizes he’s been practicing and compliments his effort, but they are forced to stop when he hurts his ankle again.
- When Senpai encourages her to go on without him, Nagatoro chooses to help him instead, placing her shoulder under his arm.
- Nagatoro teases him, and Senpai realizes he never quite knows what she’s thinking.
- Noticing his ankle is still hurt, Nagatoro offers to carry Senpai on her back because it will be faster. As she struggles, her friends catch up with them, helping her carry Senpai.
- The group bears Sunomiya but ends up being disqualified.
- After not talking to Nagatoro for two days, Senpai worries he’s done something to upset her. He asks Nagatoros friends, and they tell him she’s at home sick before giving him her homework to drop off at her house for them.
- When no one answers the door, Senpai comes into the yard to try and see if Nagatoro’s okay.
- A girl quickly comes up to him, accusing him of being a creep.
- It isn’t until he introduces himself that the girl realizes he is not a threat and introduces herself as Nagatoro’s older sister.
Don’t Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro Season 2 Episode 4 Release Date and Time
Episode 4 is scheduled to release on Crunchyroll on Saturday, January 21st, 2023. The release time is 1:30 p.m. ET. The title of episode 4 is unknown at this time, but it will have a run time of approximately 23 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Don’t Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro Season 2 Episode 4 with a subscription to Crunchyroll on the date mentioned above.
I was sort of close in some of my predictions last week. The race definitely seemed to bring out Nagatoro’s more competitive side this week. However, Senpai’s lack of athletic ability kept her from taking things too far, choosing to help him instead. This week it looks like it will be Senpai’s turn to come to Nagatoro’s aide again, with her being sick at home. While that probably would’ve been a cute encounter, the introduction of her sister may just take this episode in an unexpected direction.
- Knowing how jealous Nagatoro can be, I can see her getting very territorial over Senpai in front of her sister. She may even try to hide him away in her room or tear the two apart, which will probably only motivate her sister to embarrass her further.
- Not knowing the relationship between Nagatoro and her sister well, it will be interesting to see how they all interact. If her sister is anything like her, I could easily see the two characters butting heads and even fighting, making things quite awkward for Senpai. It could possibly turn into a family episode, with Senpai being forced to stay and meeting Nagatoro’s other family members as well.