We discuss predictions for the Apple TV+ series Truth Be Told Season 3 Episode 8, including the release date and where to watch online.
During an eventful installment of Truth Be Told, investigators Aames (David Lyons) and Poppy (Octavia Spencer) manage to track down the corrupt cop, prove Finney’s (Peter Gallagher) involvement in the trafficking ring and find Emily’s kidnapper. Not a bad week’s work at all. “The Luxury of Self-Reproach” is another packed episode, filled with plenty of twists and turns, although many of the subplots feel like needless filler. Here’s what happened in Truth Be Told Season 3 Episode 7:
- Eva confesses to her trafficking life on Poppy’s podcast. She talks about the power she felt and how she was in charge of recruiting others. She slowly realized that Finney was using her though and got out, but not before her friends and family died. Vince helped her escape and to change her identity.
- Aames suspects his partner Detective Kevin Sun and he is soon arrested. He is the Cubo, the one who tampered with evidence and is linked to Aubrey. Poppy and Aames believe that Sun wanted to keep Aubrey quiet. He was also about to leak Shreve’s criminal record to the press. Shreve beats a man called Alexander, Poppy’s biological father.
- Shreve asks Lee Hackman to help him stop Finney. The mayoral candidate is trying to close Shreve’s bar and keep his friends behind bars.
- Trini has night terrors and is worried about Aubrey’s safety. She still loves him after everything she has been through, though.
- Aames and Poppy question Aubrey, although he doesn’t recognize Finney’s photo. He mentions Trey and Sun meeting at a motel. They search this place and find Sun’s safe. Inside they find the stolen evidence.
- Markus stalks Bill Ochoa and steals his phone. He finds a call log, including Finney’s number. Markus shows Poppy this evidence, but she cannot use it as it was acquired illegally.
- Aames forces Sun into a confession. He was the muscle in the trafficking operation, the man who branded the girls. He confesses to killing Drea too, but won’t give up his boss’ name.
- Lee allows Poppy and Aames access to specific private Questeur accounts. They discover that Finney was dealing with Sun, Trey, and Bill.
- Trini meets with Cooper and asks him to send Aubrey a message.
- Poppy decides not to release Eva’s interview, worried it would ruin Eva’s life.
- Aames gets a warrant to search drug dealer Marv Lanelle’s apartment. He finds Emily Mills alive in a cage.
Truth Be Told Season 3 Episode 8 Release Date and Time
Season 3 Episode 8 will be released on Apple TV+ on Friday, March 10th, 2023. The release time is midnight PT. Episode 8 is titled “Darkness Declares the Glory of Light” and will have a run time of 46 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Truth Be Told Season 3 Episode 8 with a subscription to Apple TV+ on the date mentioned above.
- Aames will be declared a hero after finding Emily Mills, although his theory that led to the discovery means that Emily’s father is part of the problem. He believes that Peter (Emily’s dad) owed a drug dealer a large sum of money and used Emily as collateral. Will Peter be arrested? Will Aames be able to prove his theory?
- Poppy will explain to Eva why she is not using the interview. Hopefully it will have been therapeutic nonetheless. Eva may want to be free from the lies and urge Poppy to release the episode anyway.
- Aames and Poppy will gather evidence on Finney and contemplate their next move. Do they go to the police or release it on the podcast instead, bypassing the corrupt police force altogether?