Goliath Recap: Who Will Flinch First? Wade Versus Diana

4

Summary

Goliath Season 3, Episode 7, “Conscious Uncoupling” presents an absorbing court hearing, as Billy forces Wade to reveal the truth about the water estate.

This recap of Amazon Series Goliath Season 3, Episode 7, “Conscious Uncoupling” contains spoilers. You can read our recap of the previous episode by clicking these words.


I’ve come to realise that Goliath Season 3 is more about who will flinch first — Wade (Dennis Quaid) or Diana (Amy Brenneman)? In the opening scene, Rochelle confronts Diana with an “I told you so” speech. Diana’s reaction was shocking — she kills Rochelle.

In court, Billy requests that the information that is protected by the NDAs is released. The judge toys with the idea that he has not got time to sit in this court for years to come, and accepts the request. Following on from a day in court, Sumi asks Wade how much he values his relationship with Diana. It’s becoming a question of trust.

Diana is now desperate and needs protection from her businesses. She meets Littlecrow about an investment opportunity. She suggests reopening the soup brand but keeping it away from Wade. The entire situation bemuses Littlecrow, but Diana then threatens him.

The best part of Episode 7, “Conscious Uncoupling” is when Billy puts Wade on the stand under oath. This was Billy at his best. He forces Wade to admit every detail of his scheme to take the estate’s water. He admits he made a deal with the state for the surplus of water and the bank, and his donations were political. Billy presses him about the Big Sir agreement, and Wade reveals that Marisol Silva represented the Metro District.

Billy then turns the hearing on its head. He shows a photo to Wade and asked him who took it at the Big Sir event. Wade admits it was his sister Diana — at this point, Diana walks out of the courtroom. It is revealed to the court that Diana can testify to everything in the meeting as she didn’t sign the NDA.

As court closes, Billy gives a passionate speech about the 1% and the privileged. He asks the judge where that leaves the 99%, who just want to drink water.

Surprisingly, despite the emotional factor, the judge throws the case out, leaving Billy with absolutely nothing. Donald Cooperman also requests that the plaintiffs pay for the legal charges. The judge agrees. It’s not over yet, however, as they have two weeks to find further evidence, and there’s still Diana.

When Patty delivers the news to the plaintiffs, Violet accuses her of doing a terrible job. Patty walks out and screams at Violet about the fact they are doing this for free, and they are doing a superb job. Patty also reveals in her rage that she’s pregnant.

Wade is still desperate at this point and tries to offer a settlement, which Billy refuses to entertain. Billy instead asks for Stephanie’s help, and in return, he will strike her a deal.

As Goliath Season 3, Episode 7, “Conscious Uncoupling” ends, Stephanie gives Patty some plans and maps and states she expects Billy to live up to his promise. Meanwhile, Billy explores a water route and finds Littlecrow on the floor bleeding. As he makes the discovery, a flood of water comes rushing for him.

Drunken, Scrawly Notes

  • In frustration, Diana asks the barman to stop serving Rita.
  • Denise is still in the slumps. She shows up to a lecture for Marisol and wants to knife her.
  • Stephanie asks Littlecrow for advice and information on Roy.
  • Billy rings Britanny and wishes her happy birthday.
  • Rita tells Patty that Billy always talks about dying
  • Wade warns Diana about the tunnel she built for her business on federal land. He tries to offer a truce but she declines.
  • Diana tries to make a deal with Patty — Patty says they are going to subpoena her.
  • Denise tells Britanny she wants to drop out of college. Her life is spiralling.

You can read the recap of the eighth episode by clicking these words.

Daniel Hart

Daniel Hart is the Co-Founder of Ready Steady Cut and has operated as Editor-in-Chief since 2017.

One thought on “Goliath Recap: Who Will Flinch First?

  • October 13, 2019 at 8:41 am
    Permalink

    anyone know what kind of sunglasses Billy Bob is wearing through season 3? I’ve looked at every wayfarer type I can find and I’m not coming up with anything

    Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: