Will there be a Shahmaran Season 2?

January 21, 2023
Jonathon Wilson 29
Netflix, News, Renewed or Cancelled, Streaming Service
Loading JustWatch data...

This article discusses the possibility of Shahmaran Season 2 and its renewed or canceled status. It contains some spoilers for the first season.

Netflix has a good — and increasing — selection of original Turkish content, and the region is becoming one to watch if you’re in the market for thought-provoking original drama. Their latest is Shahmaran, a genre-splicing mythological romance. Here’s a brief plot synopsis from our review:

Our protagonist here is Sahsu (Serenay Sarikaya), a PhD candidate from Istanbul who heads out to Adana to give a give a guest lecture at a university but makes time to give a different kind of lecture to her estranged grandfather, Davut (Mustafa Ugurlu), who abandoned her now-dead mother decades prior. But this is the least of Sahsu’s problems. Her grandfather’s neighbour, Maran (Burak Deniz), and indeed his entire family, are deeply involved in a mystical prophecy that they believe Sahsu is integral to, and once omens and such begin occurring, it turns out they’re probably right.

Since the show’s ending isn’t exactly conclusive, many are wondering about its potential future on the streaming platform. Here’s everything we know.

Will there be a Shahmaran Season 2?

Renewed or canceled status: TBC

At the moment there is no official confirmation from Netflix that Shahmaran will return for a second season.

Netflix likes to wait and gauge internal data, especially for original, somewhat risky new shows without any recognizable IP. It matters how many people watch, how many of them watch through until the end, and how long the show retains public interest. This can also be measured in other ways through external metrics such as social media push and critical reception. At the moment, Shahmaran doesn’t have enough ratings on Rotten Tomatoes from verified critics to even have a score, but the audience score is currently sitting at a very impressive 100%, which has to mean something.

Despite no official word of a second season, the show’s male lead, Burak Deniz, has strongly implied that there are not only plans for a second season but that production is likely to commence in the summer of this year. You can probably expect Netflix to not be far behind with their official announcement.

29 thoughts on “Will there be a Shahmaran Season 2?

• January 22, 2023 at 3:32 pm

Amazing plot and twist! LOVE LOVE the chemistry with the cast – the sisters!! The anticipation of ?. Omg – talk about the leads both, beautiful and sexy! Want more. Was a little confused on the ending… so yes, hopefully we will see how it follows through. ??????

• January 23, 2023 at 4:37 am

Loved it!!!!! Hope there will be a season 2!!!!!! Please.

• January 23, 2023 at 5:49 pm

Love it! Looking forward for season 2

• January 23, 2023 at 9:00 pm

This is a great suspenseful series and the actors are great. Please do a season 2..

• January 23, 2023 at 10:59 pm

I love the show.

• January 24, 2023 at 12:48 am

It makes me crazyyyyy…every thing was perfect…waiting for season 2

• January 24, 2023 at 1:44 am

Very original and I’m loving it!!!! Keep the seasons coming

• January 24, 2023 at 7:36 am

Fantastic and intriguing a much so much more long time looking for a really good series that are clearly done with out the vulgarity of this stupid world
    Excellent actress first time seeing all of them AWESOME WORK !

• January 24, 2023 at 9:20 pm

Please there should be a season 2, I really a big fan of Turkish series, keep the season 2 coming pls

• January 24, 2023 at 11:59 pm

Omg one my favorites, everything about this serious was so amazing, storyline and all. Love the sisters, all the characters?. Both leads are super sexy?.
    Has always been one of my favorite mythology stories, Shahmaran & Camasb, cause I absolutely love snakes. Just wow, bringing in Lilth as Shahmaran’s sister, into the storyline, well done??. Will season 2 be bringing in Medusa, Stheno or Euryale as others sisters? Or Renenutet, Wadjet, Meretseger,(so many to name) snake goddesses & gods of our ancient world, as more family members please? ????. Come on Netflix!! we want a season 2 please ?

• January 25, 2023 at 1:51 am

Nice movie wish these season did not end. But waiting for season 2

• January 25, 2023 at 6:09 am

Season two ASAP. Please.

• January 25, 2023 at 6:48 am

I can’t watching! Up til 2am from being so intrigued by the chemistry of the entire cast. Alluring, Mysterious, twisty plot…Please keep the seasons coming. Can’t wait for a second season.

• January 25, 2023 at 7:09 am

LOVED Season 1. Husband and I just binge watched the whole thing without a break. Can’t wait for season 2…3…4…
    Hurry Up Netflix!!! This one is a winner.

• January 25, 2023 at 2:57 pm

Love this series. Please Netflix we need more seasons, it’s so intriguing and casting is delicious.

• January 25, 2023 at 5:26 pm

I was disappointed when it ended, I had to find out about season 2. I absolutely loved this mystical movie. I watched it from 1 to 8 ,couldn’t stop. I to am one that loves Turkey ?? movies. I like them with their natural voices and the translation to English at the bottom, feels more natural. Please make more episodes, series ECT:

• January 25, 2023 at 11:07 pm

Season 2 plssss?

• January 26, 2023 at 1:54 am

Enjoyed, hoping for a season 2

• January 26, 2023 at 11:15 am

Love love the series,everything was perfect. I finished all the episodes in 2 days?. Can’t wait for season 2???

• January 26, 2023 at 1:25 pm

I love the show I hope they bring Shahmaran season 2 . I stay up all night just to finish it. Netflix please bring 2 season 2 back

• January 26, 2023 at 4:09 pm

Netflix, you can not leave us hanging on this, we have no clue what it meant at the end with grand pa dead and the lovers together….
    So when will we know

• January 26, 2023 at 6:48 pm

Loved it.. I hope season 2 goes ahead!

• January 26, 2023 at 6:59 pm

Hope for season 2 .great story lots of interesting twist and turns

• January 26, 2023 at 7:44 pm

Wow! Absolutely loved this show watched it in 2 nights. My sister loved it as well. Intriguing storyline, whimsical, dangerous, sexy. Lead actors are hot. Crossing my fingers for a second season. Not sure at all why the reviews don’t seem that great on Netflix but I don’t really pay attention to that anyway. Definitely worth the watch!! ?????????

• January 26, 2023 at 8:38 pm

Waiting for Season 2. Awesome chemistry between characters. Sexy, intriguing and not only love the main stars but all the characters of the film. So glad it was English speaking!! Thank you Netflix

• January 28, 2023 at 11:40 pm

I love it please make more season would love it and watch them

• January 30, 2023 at 3:17 am

Great show. The cast as a whole was awesome. I hope, like the others in here, that there will be a season 2.

• January 31, 2023 at 12:20 am

I am looking forward to a second season. I hope they will have a second season