This article previews Succession Season 4 Episode 2 and may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
Back for its fourth and probably final season, HBO‘s gargantuan mega-hit Succession remains in exquisite form. The hysterical but terrifying drama, about a deeply dysfunctional media family and their attempts to ruin one another, is as much a skewering of old money as it is of new media, and the show has remained a critical darling and a fan favorite since its debut in 2018.
Here’s what happened in Succession Season 4 Episode 1:
- It was Logan’s birthday! And, true to form, he was terribly unhappy to be at his party. Highlights of it included Greg bringing a date with a giant bag who may or may not have been a corporate spy trying to indulge in some chicanery before the planned deal between Waystar and GoJo goes through.
- Kendall, Shiv, and Roman have formed a team and plan to use their combined wealth to develop a new media start-up named The Hundred, but when they get wind of Logan trying to acquire PGM from the Pierce family, they decide to target the network instead.
- The kids offer $10 billion for PGM, way more than it’s worth, just to make sure Logan has to take a hit to his pride.
- Shiv and Tom are going through a “trial separation”, and the episode ended with the two of them laying on their bed, holding hands without a shred of intimacy remaining.
Succession Season 4 Episode 2 Release Date/Time
The latest episode is scheduled to release on HBO and HBO Max on Sunday, April 2, at 9 pm ET.
Where to watch Succession online
As mentioned above, Succession is exclusive to HBO and HBO Max.
Is there a trailer?
There is! And you can watch it right here:
How many episodes will Succession Season 4 have?
Like the previous seasons — except the third, which had nine — Succession Season 4 will have ten hour-long episodes. The full release schedule can be found below:
- Episode 1: March 26, 2023
- Episode 2: April 3, 2023
- Episode 3: April 10, 2023
- Episode 4: April 17, 2023
- Episode 5: April 24, 2023
- Episode 6: May 1, 2023
- Episode 7: May 8, 2023
- Episode 8: May 15, 2023
- Episode 9: May 22, 2023
- Episode 10: May 29, 2023
- It seems like Kerry is going to have an expanded role this season, which will be welcome.
- Connor’s political career has always been a funny side story, but I’m totally convinced that Willa is up to something. Her stony-faced endorsement of even his worst ideas seems like a pretty obvious ruse at this point, and I would not at all be surprised to see her f*ck him over in some considerable way before the season is over.
- Expect Tom and Shiv’s “separation” to get incredibly bitter incredibly quickly, and for Tom to become an even stauncher ally of Logan in the process.
- The triumvirate of Kendall, Roman, and Shiv will hold strong for now, but a few dodgy acquisitions down the line it’ll definitely break down. Who will stab the other in the back? Who will come out on top? There’s everything to play for!