We discuss predictions for the Apple TV+ series Drops of God Season 1 Episode 6, including the release date and where to watch online.
The wine saga continues in “The Link,” as the competitors are given their second challenge. Camille (Fleur Geffrier) and Issei (Tomohisa Yamashita) are faced with a painting instead of a wine-tasting test this time, which sends the two on a new, intricate quest.
This installment is beautifully realized, with some surprising humor, yet the romantic angle doesn’t offer the same thrills as the competitive subplot. Here’s what happened in Drops of God Season 1 Episode 5:
- Alexandre’s lawyer announces the second test. The competitors are shown a painting; they must match a wine to this piece of art.
- Noboru Tomine, Issei’s grandfather, makes a public announcement. He appears complimentary and positive towards the competition, although he is vehemently against it in private.
- Camille and Thomas research the painting. Luca suggests studying Italian wines with the same aromas as shown in the painting.
- Honoka tells Issei about Hirokazu’s disappearance. He left a note that said, ‘Don’t search for me.’ Issei explains what he said the last time they spoke. Honoka lies and places the blame on Issei. She demands that he doesn’t talk to the police.
- Noboru informs Issei that he has been shunned by his family. He will never be financially supported by the family ever again.
- Camille tastes so many wines that she vomits. She gets drunk and attempts to kiss Thomas.
- Issei goes to the police, but they refuse to look into a voluntary disappearance. Issei asks journalist Yurika Katase to investigate instead. In return, he will give her an exclusive interview.
- Camille is offered Alexandre’s wine guides to take on his legacy. Camille seems eager to sign up, but Thomas thinks it is a mistake. They argue, and Thomas leaves Tokyo.
- Issei investigates at his parents’ university. He discovers that his parents both attended Alexandre’s course. He is handed the contact details for Alexandre’s interpreter.
- Yurika finds CCTV footage of Hirokazu at a train station. In return, Issei agrees to the interview. He informs the public that he will not be taking over Tomine Diamonds. Issei then thanks his father. Hirokazu watches the interview from a diner; he is still alive.
- Issei visits the translator, Yoko. She tells him about Honoka and Hirokazu. His father got Alexandre fired, while his mother was madly in love with Alexandre.
- Issei contemplates contacting Camille but changes his mind.
Drops of God Season 1 Episode 6 Release Date and Time
Episode 6 will be released on Apple TV+ on Friday, May 19th, 2023, at midnight PT. Episode 6 is titled “Legacy” and will have a run time of 50 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Drops of God Season 1 Episode 6 with a subscription to Apple TV+ on the abovementioned date.
- With help from her colleagues, Camille will follow more clues to discover the correct wine for the second test. Thomas has returned to France, so Camille is one teammate down, but she will soldier on.
- Issei will read through Yoko’s files and find the PowerPoint about Alexandre’s precious painting. This will give him key clues to tracking down the correct wine as well.
- Camille and Jacques will work together on their first issue of the wine guide. She will feel at home with this new job, happy to live in Tokyo permanently. Camille doesn’t need to win the inheritance if she has such a lucrative job to fall back on. Will she give Issei the inheritance after all?
- Yurika will track down Hirokazu’s whereabouts, following his trail across the country.