This article is a preview for Love & Death Season 1 Episode 7 and contains details of the release date, time, and where to watch online. It also contains spoilers for previous episodes.
The latest star-studded drama from David E. Kelley, Love & Death is the latest take on the much-adapted true story of Candy Montgomery, a Texan housewife who began an affair with a fellow member of her Methodist church congregation and hacked his wife, Betty Gore, to pieces with a wood-splitting axe.
As ever with HBO Max, the miniseries dropped three episodes on its premiere date of April 27, 2023, and will proceed weekly henceforth.
Here’s everything that happened in Love & Death Episode 6:
- Candy’s trial began. It’s a huge deal in the press and Candy is in attendance after her new conservative makeover. She’s also popping pills to keep herself stable.
- There was no evidence that Candy premeditated the murder and plenty that a struggle occurred. Betty’s father told Allan that he might as well have been a defense witness.
- Don pushed Ron to be very public about God being on Candy’s side to play on the community’s piety.
- Don was held in contempt for speaking to the media. He continued to argue with the judge and speak out.
- The prosecution’s main angle is that the number of blows Betty received couldn’t possibly constitute self-defense, which was a good point.
- The episode ended with Candy being told she was taking the stand in ten minutes, while still strung out on drugs.
Love & Death Season 1 Episode 7 release date/time
The latest episode will air on HBO Max on May 25 at 12 am PT/3 am ET.
How many episodes will Love & Death have?
There will be seven episodes of Love & Death. The first three premiered on HBO Max together and the rest will air weekly until the finale on May 25.
Is there a trailer?
Yes! You can watch it here:
Where to watch Love & Death online
As mentioned above, you can watch Love & Death exclusively on HBO Max, which is available with a subscription with plans starting at $9.99/month. The series will also air on ITVX in the UK later this year.
Predictions for Love & Death Season 1 Episode 7:
- Candy’s testimony will obviously be of some importance, and I wonder how she’ll handle it. Either way, I suspect this will be Elizabeth Olson’s big acting episode.
- Will Don Crowder begin to take his spiritual approach in this episode, or was that made up for the Hulu series?
- Apparently, Candy’s not-guilty verdict doesn’t sway public opinion, so what is going to sway the jury into siding with her but not the rest of the state?