Will there be a Manifest season 5?

November 16, 2022
Miguel Fernández 14
Netflix, News, Renewed or Cancelled, Streaming Service
Loading JustWatch data...

Will there be a Manifest season 5? We explore the possibility and discuss the history of the show between different networks.

Manifest has definitely been one of the most interesting stories, on and off screen, of the past couple of years in entertainment. The show, produced by Warner Bros. TV, was abruptly not renewed by its distributor, NBC, after season 3 aired its finale. It was later picked up by Netflix for a fourth season, which just dropped its first half on November 4.

Manifest follows the passengers of Flight 828 when they come back five and a half years after their plane was deemed missing. It was created by Jeff Rake, and the cast includes Melissa Roxburgh, Josh Dallas, J.R. Ramirez, Luna Blaise, Ty Doran, Parveen Kaur, Matt Long, Holly Taylor, and Daryl Edwards.

When did Manifest come to Netflix?

On June 14, 2021, NBC made the call not to renew Manifest for a fourth season, a few days after the season 3 finale aired on the network. At the time, the first two seasons had just dropped on Netflix in North America, and the show was topping the charts. Fans quickly took to Twitter to call for the series’ resurrection, with the network reportedly open to shopping it elsewhere. Netflix finally decided to move forward and rescue the series after they saw viewership data that convinced them it was worth the effort. According to The Hollywood Reporter, 25 million accounts in the U.S. and Canada saw the series over the first 28 days of streaming. The series was #1 on the U.S. Top 10 for 19 days and was on that list for 71 days.

Manifest creator Jeff Rake presented Netflix with three options: a two-hour movie, a six-episode limited series, or an entirely new season. They opted for the last one, and thus, Manifest season 4 was greenlit. The first ten episodes of the new season started streaming on Netflix on Nov. 4, with the next 10 coming out at a later, unspecified date.

Why was Manifest canceled originally?

The exact reasons are still unclear, though it most likely came down to ratings. At the beginning of its run, it was averaging 10 million viewers a night on NBC, which was airing the series on its highly competitive Monday 10 pm slot. That number was down to three million viewers per episode when season 3 rolled in. However, according to Deadline, this was still, by a wide margin, the network’s highest-rated show on linear television.

Interestingly enough, shortly after Warner Bros. TV, which owns the production rights, started shopping it around, NBC considered picking it back up. The cancelation was made hours before the option to renew was to expire, but after seeing the viewers’ strong response on Netflix and on social media with the #SaveManifest campaign, the network probably reconsidered its decision. Netflix came out on top of the negotiations, even though they also initially passed on the fourth season.

Will there be a Manifest season 5?

As of now, no, there won’t be a Manifest season 5. Season 4 has been advertised from the beginning as the final season, and it is unlikely that Netflix will continue to explore the series any further. Rake initially presented NBC with a six-season plan for the show, but that’s probably been repurposed after the show’s future has been meddled with multiple times. Rake and his team probably saw that this was their final chance to give Manifest a proper farewell, and they took the opportunity.

Season 4 of the show was split into two parts, 10 episodes each. By the time Part 2 airs, probably sometime in 2023, the show will have concluded. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, actress Melissa Roxburgh said that back when they were filming season 3, the showrunners filmed part of the ending with them. She then added that they didn’t use any of that footage in the fourth season, but the general idea probably remains the same.

Are you a Manifest fan? Are you upset it’s now coming to an end? Are you looking forward to season 4 Part 2? Let us know in the comments!

14 thoughts on “Will there be a Manifest season 5?

• November 18, 2022 at 9:38 am

When the first part of Season 4 dropped, I started watching from the beginning again to refresh my mind on all of it. The show is very intense and I wanted to be sure everything was fresh in my mind. I can’t tell you how many nights I have been up till 2am or later because I just can’t turn it off-even with episodes I had already watched!! I love Manifest. IF they are going to end it with Season 4, they BETTER have a proper conclusion!!

• November 18, 2022 at 8:51 pm

Hope we can see the rest of Manifest Season 4 on Netflix in 2023. My husband and I loved it.

• November 18, 2022 at 9:48 pm

Yes am a fan, I love it am sad it’s coming to a end I would love for it to continue it’s different exciting, I wish it would continue

• November 19, 2022 at 1:18 am

I want to continue season 5 please! Bc I love the manifest movie!! I seen it the season 1-4

• November 19, 2022 at 3:45 pm

An amazing, talented and creative writer with an equally talented cast! The adrenaline rush, compassionate, exhilarating, intense, emotional, and sometimes indescribable feelings one has while watching this entire series, absolutely leaves you wanting more. It would be an absolute disappointment not to continue Manifest. One of my all time favorites! I really do hope it continues beyond season 4.

• November 19, 2022 at 7:51 pm

Please it can not end with the world coming to an end and the passengers getting no closer.

• November 19, 2022 at 7:55 pm

Please don’t give up for season 5 like what grace said to cal!!! Please continue I am from the best fans to manifest. One more thing you will see me after 4 years in Hollywood

• November 20, 2022 at 8:11 pm

I love manifest, please don’t give up for season 5, I expend day and night watching all seasons don’t kill my favorite movie.

• November 22, 2022 at 4:13 am

Manifest is a great show please continue with season 5.

• November 23, 2022 at 9:11 am

Generally I love it.

• November 24, 2022 at 3:26 am

I absolutely love Manifest!!!!!!! Best series on Netflix ever!!!! It can’t end with season 4 part two!!! I was in tears after part 1 ended ? There is so many storylines that they could do! There have been plenty of series that have 13 seasons!!!! Please Netflix please don’t cancel this series. Please! During the pandemic this show kept me going. It gave me a story to look forward to, a fascinating interesting story in the midst of people getting sick and dying in reality. It gave us health care workers a reason to escape the sadness and heartbreak of a terrible time. It gave us hope for a future to look forward to, it gave us a distraction. Don’t fail us now Netflix. Give us additional seasons. You got this Netflix!!!

• November 28, 2022 at 3:06 am

I love watching Manifest although I just caught it now in 2022. I hope they do end this show properly. You cant just show season 1 through 4 and leave it on a cliffhanger. End it with Season 5 and wrap it up. This show is great and it deserves a proper ending.

• November 28, 2022 at 7:12 am

I never missed an episode when it was on NBC. Watched all 3 seasons. I just discovered it on Netflix. Please keep it going. You have a ton of people that love this show. Its one of the main reasons I started subscribing to Netflix again. ?

• November 28, 2022 at 7:15 am